Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Default CoV faction

Hi,

High Elf mage worshipper of Mithaniel Marr here (can't remember why I did not go Agnostic). I've got a question about the SS faction, because it looks like I'm still only Apprehensive to sentries in SS:

[Fri May 22 15:28:42 2020] Sentry Kcor looks your way apprehensively -- You could probably win this fight.

I just checked my logs, I have never killed anything to lower that faction, and I've got 184 +CoV factions hits including:

a Vindi kill + a dozen throne room mobs like Dagron Stonecutter, Veldern Blackhammer, Ulkar Jollkarek, Vylleam Vyaeltor, Mjeldor Felstorm),
a couple arena raids including multiple Semkak, Gkrean kills,
and various scouts, berserkers, savages, wolves killins on my own in Kael/ GD/ EW

I thought I'd be at least kindly or amiable by now...
Old 05-22-2020, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction gives you some idea of the numbers of kills that may be involved, although even it's incorrect (some levels can take more kills than the chart on that page suggests).

Also, don't be confused by the wiki faction numbers: they are lies (the +/- part is correct, but the specific numbers aren't)! While I'm all but certain a Vindi kill will give you significantly more faction than killing a random giant, the exact numbers in the wiki are generally way off, and many things that claim to give +5, +10, etc. actually only give +1.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:17 PM
Banned

Just try to catch when guilds are doing faction pulls. Ultra mega bonus if you can tag statue / AoW
Old 05-25-2020, 06:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just try to catch when guilds are doing faction pulls. Ultra mega bonus if you can tag statue / AoW
Thanks for the ref Loramin & for the piece of advice Tox, I'll try & do that.
Any idea why Statue / AoW gives that much more faction than Vindi ?

I recently got 50ish more kael/arena kills, will check my faction later today. On that topic, is there a way to check SS faction aside from getting all the way up to SS to con someone ? Is Wuoshi on CoV or RoS faction ? I never seem to be able to remember that one
Old 05-25-2020, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

Wuoshi is on cov but normally not up, there's a dragon rohandal ? In wl on the north wall on the middle of the zone...
Old 05-25-2020, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

Vindi only gives like 50 so it's not a super massive increase. Statue/Avatar is where the big hits are at.

Honestly Apprehensive sounds normal to me for 184 kills+ a vindi. Just remember the vast majority of faction hits are only +1.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the ref Loramin & for the piece of advice Tox, I'll try & do that.
Any idea why Statue / AoW gives that much more faction than Vindi ?

I recently got 50ish more kael/arena kills, will check my faction later today. On that topic, is there a way to check SS faction aside from getting all the way up to SS to con someone ? Is Wuoshi on CoV or RoS faction ? I never seem to be able to remember that one
just get a port to cobalt scar and con the baby dwagons near the ring
Old 05-27-2020, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Balers_...Faction.28s.29
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cheers for the link and your wiki page Baler ! Guess I'll go to EW and check that ogre / orc merc camp soon

And I've finally found what those rods one can find at the bottom of some ponds are for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]