Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost everyone agrees Ice Giant camps are two in the front or one in the bank. You can camp all three if you are the only one obviously. If someone else shows up they can take the back one. It's an outdoor zone so technically someone is only "entitled" to one spawn. In practice it almost always operates as I described in the opening sentence.
Shocker
Old 08-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Kobold

Wtb ice giants toez 200p ea.. send tells to offdaheezy
Old 08-07-2019, 10:21 AM
Banned

Is there good profit in making Wort Pots?

Maybe Frag has a shaman and instead of sitting in EC trying to buy toes he was out farming for them + some extra vendor cash on the side?
Old 08-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP stop acting like you didn't know what was going on. It doesn't take a seasoned rule aficionado to know that you didn't handle this honestly. Anybody capable of deductive reasoning would have seen the IG you showed up at was dead, seen the other 2 had a player killing/sitting near them, and been 99% sure that the same guy was killing all 3.

From that point, regardless of how sure you were about who killed the IF less than 6 minutes ago, you had 2 options:

1)Reach out to him proactively and ask for 1 of the camps. If you wanted to cite the rules on what constitutes a camp AFTER he said no, you'd be in the right.

2)Kill the mob quickly when it pops and deal with the fallout while citing the rules.

You consciously opted for #2. You know it. Fragmented knew it. Everybody in this thread knows it. Any GM that showed up would have seen it and lectured you on the PNP because you didn't handle it honestly.
Look man, I just sat down and decided to take what I understood to be a separate camp knowing that other players need to commit to a single camp. I figured it would be no big deal and he would yield to me now that I was on it. There was no malicious anticipation of drama in my mind, I just lazily figured that because those are the rules, that is how it would go down. So as far as "everybody knowing it," read into that what you will. I've been forthright with how the entire situation went down to the best of my ability, including indicating that the mob was not there where I arrived.

The reason I brought it here was 1) he came off like an abrasive dick, 2) he tried to bully me off of what would rightfully be my camp, and 3) he claimed what he was killing constituted a single camp which was either an outright lie or, at best, greed fueled ignorance.

Now, also according to the consensus here, instead of sitting at the camp and assuming it was then mine because...the other was his, I should have talked it out. In hindsight, I agree 100% and I owe Fragmented an apology for my behavior. In the future I will make sure to address any camp concerns over contested mobs prior to just assuming "hey this is mine because that is yours." I mean this sincerely, and the next time I see Fragmented I will apologize.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Norrath is big. If the shit's already camped, just go find something else to do. A Cracked Staff and a Sapphire amount to the same worthless thing in the long run.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

backfire threads are the best
Old 08-07-2019, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sure others have already replied but in most cases if someone is camping all 3 Ice Giants, they will usually give up the back Ice Giant and keep the front two Ice Giants.

It sounds to me that he got all bitchy because he didn't know if you took an Ice Toe from him or not and cost him 30-50 platinum. Any level 60 camping Ice Giants is just there to farm Ice Toes...
Old 08-07-2019, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In hindsight, I agree 100% and I owe Fragmented an apology for my behavior. In the future I will make sure to address any camp concerns over contested mobs prior to just assuming "hey this is mine because that is yours." I mean this sincerely, and the next time I see Fragmented I will apologize.
The thread started off wonky but ended with the right ending. Good job. Now, if only Bvmmey could have confessed his sin and admitted that yes, the Book was up.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

I only read the first post, but is the TLDR of the thread:

OP claims server is filled of people with communication problems, and 'mine' attitudes.

OP sees someone camping ice giants.

OP decides one of the ice giants is ["mine"], without any communication?

Ten thousand spoons!
Old 08-07-2019, 07:13 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

this one makes the backfire thread list
Closed Thread