Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 08:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jerry I believe that was a lot of peoples suggestions. Was like setup a montly Zem changes to get people to move around and see zones
Since green isn't a pvp server, it really isn't risk versus reward.. it is purely reward versus better reward. So depends what the goal is I guess. Some of the problems are just endemic to the nature of the game. Rotations would be more about quality of life to allow people who want shortest path (highest zem) to get a change of scenery while rotating where the crowds are for people more interested in just exploration and loot ? Sorry point being I think this is still a decent approach regardless of the population. People too focused on current population problems and devising a lot of more radical changes that time will probably take care of on it's own.
Last edited by jerryR; 05-27-2020 at 08:23 AM..
Old 05-27-2020, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, Paw is superr crowded....

It's why the dungeons need to make sense with their ZEM. And be competitive... but right now guk and solb are HALF the exp of those other zones.... it's too harsh!!

I gots me a warrior for choppin now!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I wanted to see if I could make one that could solo real good (so far so good!).
Not too harsh. As another commenter said, the loot in those zones is way better than Splitpaw for example. So you make a decision to go somewhere for better EXP but worse loot or somewhere for better loot potential but worse EXP. It's the primary reason ZEMs were created back in the day, to give people motivation to go to the dungeon with worse loot or that was more out of the way.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:38 AM
Banned

kedge is where the cool kids are at
Old 05-27-2020, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Kedge has super stupid good XP. And ofc lots of really nice Loot. Zem balance there is mainly due to challenge of a underwater dungeon. But tons of great drops from rather common mobs. Heck monk mask alone makes this dungeon worth it. Add in XP, its why I love when druids down there let me group with or leech[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-27-2020, 02:08 PM
Banned

find a custom eq server
Old 05-27-2020, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
find a custom eq server
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

That's what they do on the boxing server, forget the name. Every once in a while they change the zems around.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

they call them Hot Zones on live - increased ZEM and some stupid quests for extra XP from an NPC in the PoK. Classic EQ sucks, bring on Kunark
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-28-2020, 05:29 AM
Planar Protector

They don't need to shift ZEMs around....just raise those two classic zones up a bit to match other zones...

Right now you have
165ish ZEM (Permafrost / kedge, it makes sense. Permafrost is out in nowhere, and Kedge is a pain)
150 ZEM zones (the hot cookies, Runnyeye, splitpaw, cazic, the hole and so on)
125 ZEM (pretty good, crushbone, upper guk, sol a, blackburrow, and so on)
100 ZEM (a lot of places now, all of the outdoor general zones are here now)
and then......

Mistmoore = 87
Lower guk = 75
Nagafen's Lair = 75

Really, they are now the WORSE places to level in the game.... by a huge amount :|

They should be 100-125 zem to fit into the rest of the game. Then everything is fine (leave them a little under other zones to encourage more of those).

And for the "it's because of the loot"....whaaat? That isn't how this works. If you want loot, just finish getting to 50 and go camp something :P
Last edited by Ivory; 05-28-2020 at 05:31 AM..
Old 05-28-2020, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

The 45 50 game could use 1-2 more zones to let the pressure out...or cycle 1-2 more into the mix.

But, its classic EQ...they already did more than I would have by changing the ZEMs to give us some breathing room in the first place.

Kind of looking a gift horse in the mouth...way better now than it was.
Closed Thread