Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Default Mouse look left / right move slower then up / down?

Am I the only one that has this problem? It seems like its only in EQ that my mouse look speed where scrolling left / right moves MUCH slower then when looking up / down. Its so bad that I have to keyboard turn with A and D in order to look around.

I know its not my mouse itself cause its works fine in everything else I play, and if I up the sensitivity on it it will make it a little faster, but then my scrolling up / down is like INSANE fast.

Anyone else have this problem / know a fix?
Old 06-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

Go into options and then the "display" tab and lower your maximum frames per second to like 50 or so.

Now, I know what you're probably thinking, which is what I thought when I first heard that. "Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense, that has nothing to do with my problem!" but I assure you it fixed it for me, as well as everyone else I've ever talked to about it, so I'm going to assume it will fix it for you as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-05-2011, 01:50 AM
Kobold

I always noticed this with the default client, but when using WinEQ2 it was normal, if the above doesn't work for you, I'd suggest that.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:42 AM
Kobold

In the options there is a "mouse speed" or something similar. At 100% it's about equal.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go into options and then the "display" tab and lower your maximum frames per second to like 50 or so.

Now, I know what you're probably thinking, which is what I thought when I first heard that. "Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense, that has nothing to do with my problem!" but I assure you it fixed it for me, as well as everyone else I've ever talked to about it, so I'm going to assume it will fix it for you as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor video coding. Back in the day there were certain framerates that were set as design parameters, so people used frames per second as relative timing. This doesn't scale with new hardware, so it became an issue. Now it is generally unheard of, but this is the fundamental reason that EQ's mouselook is awful.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Lol wow... that ACTUALLY worked, wtf. My mouse moves flawlessly now, that is amazing. I was seriously like "Wtf does my FPS have to do with mouse sensitivity, this guy lol...." and then tried it and it works perfectly lol. Thanks dude, just made this game a WHOLE lot easier now that I dont have to keyboard turn >_>.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I had to do the same a while back. Mines at 35 or so.
Closed Thread