Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

I still don't understand how, if you have a plan that solves all of these problems, you don't post it here so we can talk about it.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was suggested at one point as a way to remove all doubts about FTE so no GMs would have to be called even in the current raid scene, but that doesn't set apart "skill" from pre-mobilizing/poopsocking, classic or not.
No, but it does address the issue of keeping FTE and clusterfuck(s). As i said before, in classic you still had tiered guilds -- in fact, you have them here. Poopsock all you want, if you don't engage first it's not yours in an FTE setting. Poopsock advantages go down the toilet. Whoever engaged it first gets the loot after it dies. Training, KSing, etc; all old rules would still apply. That's just 1 alternative. Of course, this may cause some issues with some guilds not willing to give up a pop and KSing. I can certainly see that happening.

Shiftin, i'm just not going to propose anything over these forums. You can chat with me about it, hell i'll sign onto irc and do it that way. But p99 forums have a tendency to litter serious discussion with stupidity.

Just to add that KSing a raid mob has happened here before. The notion that it'll become worse depends on how the rules are set.
Last edited by Skope; 06-01-2011 at 02:40 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Edited my post, soz Skope
Old 06-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humwawa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is no more classic than a variance...

I don't mean to troll, I'm just making a point.
and obviously he prefers this non-classic solution to the current, and probably your prefered non-classic solution.

post count = post count +1

Asher
Old 06-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

(if you'd read anything, the summary of Troy's posts is to change it to classic, for his benefit)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How many times were the GMs petitioned during that timeframe between Divinity, IB, and DA? Anecdotal or not this is not a fallacy based on a hypothetical, this is historically accurate for Project 1999.

Take the number of raid targets available in classic and multiple it by 4 every week...per guild.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humwawa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is no more classic than a variance...

I don't mean to troll, I'm just making a point.
It's true, but I'd argue one line of text being different would be closer to classic than completely changing spawn timers - while at the same time solving the problem of GM involvement in arguments in a much simpler way. In fact, it would be a useful addition even with the spawn variance to pre-empt any FTE-related petitions.

If you want to make it 'look' more classic to the players, instead of a /shout have it the mob /tell every gm/guide instead. But then they'd have to essentially come /shout it themselves anyway....
Old 06-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
(if you'd read anything, the summary of Troy's posts is to change it to classic, for his benefit)

This came out a tad snottier than I intended. It was more my taking Asher's trollbait than a slam on you, if that changes anything.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

And the summary of TR/Ascension posts is to keep it non-classic for their benefit. Your point? Of course no one is going to argue for rules that make things more challenging for them, that is a given. That's why we use facts to make objective arguments.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Hah! Beat you to the apology!

I'm not arguing to keep it as it is, fior my guild or anyone elses'. I believe human beings en mass, particularly gamer human beings en masse, would take a chisel and hammer to your cranium if they thought they'd find an upgrade nestled in your still-living brain.
Closed Thread