Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-18-2022, 12:52 AM
Fire Giant

Default Can someone splain the Vaniki ruleset?

New TLPs coming on live next week. One is the usual deal with locked content starting with classic and regular unlocks at intervals following. The other, Vaniki, is going in a new direction starting at GoD but keeping level cap consistently under the actual cap for that era.

For reference:

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-vaniki-server-faq

That's the biggest part of it but it also looks like they've got a target and reward system going on but I'm not really sure if that affects unlocks or if that's just the result of them.

What are they going for with this? Best I can tell, the level cap thing is a away to mitigate the bloat of abilities and skill caps that have made their way in over the years in one swoop without having to really re-tune anything making this more challenging than usual for TLP but beyond that it seems really arbitrary starting with GoD and everything else.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:02 AM
Banned

Spreading out the player base. And giving more zones to level in. A lot of live players have done classic to death.

This gives ppl more variety and lets guilds race to see who downs what first.

I'd probably start on vankii first too. GoD is like the breakpoint for the 2cnd half of the game. Modern EQ.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Vaniki is a ratman so they're clearly catering to furries.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:23 AM
Banned

i don't know why everyone hates furries so much every group has it's wierdos so what if a few furries are wierdos some cops are wierdos the vast majority of furries aren't that weird compared to like v tubers or harley guys

in fact

I 100% garantee u can find a harley guy who is a cop and a furry and a v-tuber and goes to an actual church every sunday with his family

i'm almost certain of it

anyway ratmen are some of the coolest furries i remember playing an dnd adventure and they made really great villains, henchmen, sorta villains, not totally villains my lawful neutral character didn't care tho
Old 05-18-2022, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't know why everyone hates furries so much every group has it's wierdos so what if a few furries are wierdos some cops are wierdos the vast majority of furries aren't that weird compared to like v tubers or harley guys

in fact

I 100% garantee u can find a harley guy who is a cop and a furry and a v-tuber and goes to an actual church every sunday with his family

i'm almost certain of it

anyway ratmen are some of the coolest furries i remember playing an dnd adventure and they made really great villains, henchmen, sorta villains, not totally villains my lawful neutral character didn't care tho
What is v-tuber?
Old 05-18-2022, 11:43 AM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFcCGn656oM
Old 05-18-2022, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh that's bad. I liked the one like that that was a talking Super Nintendo though. The slot even moved and glowy eyes!
Old 05-18-2022, 11:55 AM
Banned

therre's some good ones the vast majority are trash tho

she is kinda funny at the end tho where she talks about funny numbers i don't have the time stamp i just cant watch 5 hrs of that to get to the good bits they need to learn to edit their vids
Old 05-18-2022, 11:56 AM
Banned

if was a a v tuber i would be a deus ex vtuber

i would need to create and rig a model tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and that is super hard so some of these ppls who make their own models is pretty insanely good at computers
Old 05-18-2022, 11:57 AM
Banned

i want to be clear that was just the first one i saw cuz i googled it i don't sit around watching ppl vtube all day that is crazy