Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair enough, I love talking about exercise almost as much as I love doing it, which is quite a lot

Was a voracious reader back in the day, but haven’t in years really :/
On monday I'll be starting what I plan to be an extended hypertrophy block.
Old 02-10-2023, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On monday I'll be starting what I plan to be an extended hypertrophy block.
Oh nice, will have to do a rundown of that and update on progress/success

I’ve been shifting more towards cardio lately, although I still lift of course. My next goal I’ve mentioned in a diff thread is to do a fast (for me) 8ish mi run for fun timed with runkeeper app

And I’ve committed next month to doing an obstacle race with the gf (her idea actually), although I’ve looked it up and it’s one of the entry level ones
Old 02-10-2023, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I’ve been shifting more towards cardio lately, although I still lift of course. My next goal I’ve mentioned in a diff thread is to do a fast (for me) 8ish mi run for fun timed with runkeeper app

And I’ve committed next month to doing an obstacle race with the gf (her idea actually), although I’ve looked it up and it’s one of the entry level ones
oh very cool! my cardio lately has literally just been 30 mins LISS on my stationary bike every day as i watch anime lmao. was thinking i should up that to just doing 2 entire anime episodes, or ~45mins daily.

i bougt an eleiko trap bar like 6 months back and honestly regret it bc it turns out i much prefer basic bitch deads and deadlift variations. wish i'd gone with a marrs bar instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2023, 10:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Is it the Tough Mudder? Wife and I do those every year. Lots of fun. We try to squeeze two or three 10ks in each year too, although she's way faster than I am, it's still a nice motivator to keep up the cardio while doing normal lift routine. My buddy is built like a Mac truck and can lift a damned shit Brickhouse, but couldn't run a half mile to save his life in a zombie apocalypse.
Old 02-10-2023, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh very cool! my cardio lately has literally just been 30 mins LISS on my stationary bike every day as i watch anime lmao. was thinking i should up that to just doing 2 entire anime episodes, or ~45mins daily.

i bougt an eleiko trap bar like 6 months back and honestly regret it bc it turns out i much prefer basic bitch deads and deadlift variations. wish i'd gone with a marrs bar instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s a good amount, and yea I could totally see watching anime during it, especially some of the fighting scenes. That could get me pumped up

I love dead’s too but I always just do the traditional with the straight 45lb bar, never tried any of those other variations, not even sumo’s. But variety is important so I don’t think it was a bad purchase, sure you’ll get some use out of it to mix things up
Old 02-10-2023, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it the Tough Mudder? Wife and I do those every year. Lots of fun. We try to squeeze two or three 10ks in each year too, although she's way faster than I am, it's still a nice motivator to keep up the cardio while doing normal lift routine. My buddy is built like a Mac truck and can lift a damned shit Brickhouse, but couldn't run a half mile to save his life in a zombie apocalypse.
Naw I’ve done Mudder and it’s definitely not that, Mudder is the hardest of all the ones I’ve done IMO, but I loved it. This one we doing is like the warrior dash version, only like 5k distance and the obstacles are like running over tires and maybe hopping some walls, nothing compared to those on Mudder or Spartan. But my gf couldn’t do those yet, she’d have to work up to those, assuming she likes this one

Yea cardio is what’s best for overall health, and luckily I’ve always loved some version or another. If you burning out on running, cardio hiking can be great too. Other people here like swimming or cycling, and while I swim laps 3x week, I hate and have sucked at it for years
Old 02-10-2023, 11:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Naw I’ve done Mudder and it’s definitely not that, Mudder is the hardest of all the ones I’ve done IMO, but I loved it. This one we doing is like the warrior dash version, only like 5k distance and the obstacles are like running over tires and maybe hopping some walls, nothing compared to those on Mudder or Spartan. But my gf couldn’t do those yet, she’d have to work up to those, assuming she likes this one

Yea cardio is what’s best for overall health, and luckily I’ve always loved some version or another. If you burning out on running, cardio hiking can be great too. Other people here like swimming or cycling, and while I swim laps 3x week, I hate and have sucked at it for years
I biked for a while, did a handful of races, but biking is a silly expensive hobby. I swam in high school so I'm fairly proficient there. Dumbass gyms around here permanently closed their pools "due to COVID" which is beyond fucking retarded considering a pool packed full of chlorine is about as sterile as it gets (unless chlorine doesn't kill COVID, but even then, who gives a shit). They likely don't want to bother with maintenance costs.

I've always hiked and camped and stuff. Did the Eagle Scout thing, so that's been a solid source of activity, but when we moved down to Texas for my masters program we got stuck here. Starting to feel the itch to go back to far eastern Washington state to get back into the mountains.
Old 02-11-2023, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I biked for a while, did a handful of races, but biking is a silly expensive hobby. I swam in high school so I'm fairly proficient there. Dumbass gyms around here permanently closed their pools "due to COVID" which is beyond fucking retarded considering a pool packed full of chlorine is about as sterile as it gets (unless chlorine doesn't kill COVID, but even then, who gives a shit). They likely don't want to bother with maintenance costs.

I've always hiked and camped and stuff. Did the Eagle Scout thing, so that's been a solid source of activity, but when we moved down to Texas for my masters program we got stuck here. Starting to feel the itch to go back to far eastern Washington state to get back into the mountains.
For the next global pandemic (please god no) I think we're gonna need to do things differently in a number of ways. Closing down gyms is imo not the move. I'm vaxxed tf up and all about masking and disinfecting everything, but from a public health standpoint we are dealing with an epidemic of sedentary living and excess adiposity- fuck no we should not close gyms or pools inside gyms or any means of physical activity.

Taking away the ability for the majority of people to pursue health-promoting activities on their own in the name of public health is a ridiculous thing to do, and I'm sure a great many became detrained and gained a significant amount of weight as a result. Gyms should imo be thought of as essential businesses in most every emergency situation.

heart disease is the #1 killer in usa, not covid. and we have some powerful preventative medicine for heart disease, but it involves moving and learning to prepare foods for yourself.
Old 02-11-2023, 07:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
For the next global pandemic (please god no) I think we're gonna need to do things differently in a number of ways. Closing down gyms is imo not the move. I'm vaxxed tf up and all about masking and disinfecting everything, but from a public health standpoint we are dealing with an epidemic of sedentary living and excess adiposity- fuck no we should not close gyms or pools inside gyms or any means of physical activity.

Taking away the ability for the majority of people to pursue health-promoting activities on their own in the name of public health is a ridiculous thing to do, and I'm sure a great many became detrained and gained a significant amount of weight as a result. Gyms should imo be thought of as essential businesses in most every emergency situation.

heart disease is the #1 killer in usa, not covid. and we have some powerful preventative medicine for heart disease, but it involves moving and learning to prepare foods for yourself.
^
Yup
Old 02-11-2023, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
^
Yup
Obesity deaths are not excess deaths. They're expected!

Think: chronic vs acute
Closed Thread