Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 07:37 PM
Banned

Default Global economy meltdown inc?

First the china thing, then the anonymous tweet about the NYSE, the next day it goes down. Is there something bigger goin on here?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Orc

Derp herp?
Old 07-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Banned

I sure hope so! I think that would be fun, actually!

We all know we need to face the music some day. It would be neat to witness it first hand. Plus, all of the sudden life would turn into the most immersive survival game you've ever played! Think about it!!

And let's be real, there wont be zombies to worry about because come on that's just silly. So it'll be good old fashioned anarchy!

I suggest everyone keep a list of vacant/foreclosed homes in strategic positions like the top of a hill. Utilities will stop working so it won't matter that nothing is turned on. Day 1 of the collapse, you move into one of those and you can thank me later.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sure hope so! I think that would be fun, actually!

We all know we need to face the music some day. It would be neat to witness it first hand. Plus, all of the sudden life would turn into the most immersive survival game you've ever played! Think about it!!
We get a chuckle now but i think we may see it in our lifetimes and it may or may not make WW2 look like a pic-nic in the park
Old 07-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Banned

That or the much more likely scenario. A new market will replace the existing one.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That or the much more likely scenario. A new market will replace the existing one.
will it be cryptocurrency
Old 07-08-2015, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

People who fret over some sort of soviet style collapse are delusional. If our system "collapsed" (whatever that even means for a mostly free market), what would happen? The next day, people would realize they still need food to eat, a place to stay, other goods and services. They would realize they need to provide some kind of service or create some kind of good to trade for what they need. They would realize they need some good of common exchange (currency). They would essentially attempt to create a new market for goods and services. This was difficult for the soviets because their entire economy, nearly ever good and service, had previously been handled by the central authority. Here, we'd pretty much continue what we've been doing. The most heavily regulated sectors (banking and finance, healthcare, education) would probably see the biggest disruptions, but I'm pretty sure we'll figure out how to provide these things.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:45 AM
Banned

If robot cars work as well as the probably will, there will be a massive spike in unemployment and things are gonna get sketchy for a while yikes
Old 07-09-2015, 03:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If robot cars work as well as the probably will, there will be a massive spike in unemployment and things are gonna get sketchy for a while yikes
No moreso than if the US got off their asses and built an effective nationwide passenger rail system.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:11 AM
Sarnak

You can count on it, coming to a town near you.
Closed Thread