Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 11:39 AM
Banned

I had a lot of fun and made good money charming the named spellcaster (forget his name) bandit at the bandit camp along the zone wall in East Karana. He is super underconned, with much more health than the bandits around him, and is a spellcaster to boot

If you charm and haste him, he can more than wreck the entire camp with enough health left over to take out a gorge hound or 2. Yah, you do miss out on some exp, but it’s quite fun and profitable due to the bronze weaps and bandit sashes (which can be turned in for more bronze weaps) they drop. I think I made about 1kpp at that camp alone, and it is often free as all the druids (which is usually half of any zone) are animal charming the gorge hounds to kill other gorge hounds

Other noteable good charm targets are the evil eyes in the zone (or evil eyes anywhere really), which are also notorious undercons meaning very powerful for their level. Also shaman mobs make decent pets IF you aren’t reverse charming (otherwise they make bad pets if you want them to lose the fight) because they will heal themselves to prolong their ability to kill stuff. Although not nearly as often as they heal themselves if you are killing them for some reason. And of course rogue mobs are great for backstabs
Old 04-22-2021, 02:20 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
setbacks do occur
Old 04-22-2021, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a lot of fun and made good money charming the named spellcaster (forget his name) bandit at the bandit camp along the zone wall in East Karana. He is super underconned, with much more health than the bandits around him, and is a spellcaster to boot

If you charm and haste him, he can more than wreck the entire camp with enough health left over to take out a gorge hound or 2. Yah, you do miss out on some exp, but it’s quite fun and profitable due to the bronze weaps and bandit sashes (which can be turned in for more bronze weaps) they drop. I think I made about 1kpp at that camp alone, and it is often free as all the druids (which is usually half of any zone) are animal charming the gorge hounds to kill other gorge hounds

Other noteable good charm targets are the evil eyes in the zone (or evil eyes anywhere really), which are also notorious undercons meaning very powerful for their level. Also shaman mobs make decent pets IF you aren’t reverse charming (otherwise they make bad pets if you want them to lose the fight) because they will heal themselves to prolong their ability to kill stuff. Although not nearly as often as they heal themselves if you are killing them for some reason. And of course rogue mobs are great for backstabs
That sounds pretty good. And if you get ahead on mana you could try to mez when the target gets low and nuke for a chance at full xp; it seems like mesmerize has a high blur chance on those low level mobs.
Old 04-22-2021, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Because of PET exp robbery you will get equal EXP if you are power leveling someone so you should do that when you do traditional pet killing.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:41 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because of PET exp robbery you will get equal EXP if you are power leveling someone so you should do that when you do traditional pet killing.
This strategy is commonly referred to as “duoing” by the non-enchanter PL target.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

So quick update; my enchanter is currently level 8, and...it all just feels super slow. I'm genuinely having a hard time getting into the class and the last couple nights I've found myself rather watching Hulu or YouTube over leveling him.

I've twinked this guy out to the best of my ability; currently at 146 INT, 184 CHA, and he even has a GGR now. Other than farming for a jboots MQ I've given him every advantage in the world. I find myself having a hard time finding a good place to level and finding a good rhythm for killing things.

This is what I meant by wanting an enchanter mentor, someone to help advise me in where to go and how to kill in-game, and just having someone experienced to talk to about enchanter things. Someone to help keep me going. Is there anyone willing to help me out in that regard?
Last edited by tadkins; 04-29-2021 at 06:46 PM..
Old 04-29-2021, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So quick update; my enchanter is currently level 8, and...it all just feels super slow. I'm genuinely having a hard time getting into the class and the last couple nights I've found myself rather watching Hulu or YouTube over leveling him.

I've twinked this guy out to the best of my ability; currently at 146 INT, 184 CHA, and he even has a GGR now. Other than farming for a jboots MQ I've given him every advantage in the world. I find myself having a hard time finding a good place to level and finding a good rhythm for killing things.

This is what I meant by wanting an enchanter mentor, someone to help advise me in where to go and how to kill in-game, and just having someone experienced to talk to about enchanter things. Someone to help keep me going. Is there anyone willing to help me out in that regard?
I’m not great in terms of where to go, will let someone else answer that. The early levels are definitely the worst, what I did was use the animation pet 100% of the time and always gave it a 2handed rusty weapon. Basically always carry 2-3 rusty 2handed weapons at all times to give to your animation after you summon it. It almost doubles their dps. I tried to keep my melee skills up as well, as long as I could. I think I was killing in gfay and bb because I started as high elf

Edit: if I knew I was gonna stay in an exp area for a few hours I would keep re-summoning the pet and checking its max hits until I got either the highest or 2nd highest level one. That made a pretty big difference as well

Your stats are great and you have a ggr, I’m jealous! Once you get into charming things get a lot more exciting
Last edited by unsunghero; 04-29-2021 at 07:04 PM..
Old 04-29-2021, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not great in terms of where to go, will let someone else answer that. The early levels are definitely the worst, what I did was use the animation pet 100% of the time and always gave it a 2handed rusty weapon. Basically always carry 2-3 rusty 2handed weapons at all times to give to your animation after you summon it. It almost doubles their dps. I tried to keep my melee skills up as well, as long as I could. I think I was killing in gfay and bb because I started as high elf

Your stats are great and you have a ggr, I’m jealous! Once you get into charming things get a lot more exciting
Enchanter is a dark elf here and atm I am just picking off whatever blues I can still find in Nektulos. I feel like I can get about two kills per bar of mana, or I can let the animation do most of the work and get the fraction of the exp involved with pet killing. It really is painful right now. I feel like I could be doing something different with my available tools, but I can't figure out how, nor where.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter is a dark elf here and atm I am just picking off whatever blues I can still find in Nektulos. I feel like I can get about two kills per bar of mana, or I can let the animation do most of the work and get the fraction of the exp involved with pet killing. It really is painful right now. I feel like I could be doing something different with my available tools, but I can't figure out how, nor where.
Oh for me I just melee’d next to the pet or sometimes meditated, I didn’t spend much mana per mob, just something like our DOT to pull it usually if I recall. The killrate with the pet using a 2handed weapon is so high that even losing 50% exp it’s still worth it IMO

I don’t think you are missing any particular strat. It’s the same for mages too, their pets at early levels are taking 50% exp per kill since they don’t have the mana to be able to dps race it. When the pet is holding a 2hander and how strong pets are with those at early levels even losing 50% isn’t so bad when you can just keep chain killing almost non-stop

If you don’t have one just buy a few rusty 2handers off a vendor. It’s def worth it
Old 04-29-2021, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

You're gonna basically be a worse mage until you get to like level 25-30 when you can start holding charm reliably, buckle up.

Best bet is to try to find someone to level with, can use root to "distance agro" so you can step in and take a hit so your pet starts attacking.

I tried to skip as much as I could of the lower leveling with lots of grinding quests, lightstones in NK, bandits in WK and then raiders in NK/SK for bandit sashes.

There are some caster NPCs that you can kill very reliably as well at certain levels for solo play without charming as well, for example:
Happ Findlefinn (35 mage) at butcherblock docks, no faction hit or assist from anyone.
You can charm him so his pet despawns, med back up, break charm and mez.

Now with your helpless mage target you can Nuke > Mez > lowest lvl tash, and then repeat until dead.

The tash is to re-engage agro so in case your mez memblurs, which it does often, he doesn't start regenerating.

I would suggest setting up GINA if you haven't yet, there are probably good guides to do so, but to set up a timer so you know exactly when he's going to spawn so you can mez him before he buffs/summons a pet!

One of the most fun groups around the 25-30s is the High Keep basement goblins, charming Osargen (22 rogue prisoner) is a great low stakes learning experience for group charming and how powerful a rogue pet can be!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Closed Thread