Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Which sever do u think starkind belongs on?
TAKP 13 76.47%
Green 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 02:07 AM
Banned

The only advantage to playing on Green is being able to play classes like Rogue, who even with insane twink gear... really can't solo. I actually just logged off of Blue and saw a level 40 Rogue with his epic, and BIS pretty much everything waiting on his level 60 Cleric to show up and PL him because he couldn't solo the mobs I'm solo'ing as a non-twink with ease.

Prior to playing on P99 non-instanced content sounded really cool, but the merit is lost by the rules that are in place to protect toxic players.

You really think 20 years ago that an entire server is just going to cede their right to access camps in Lower Guk because one guild decided that they wanted to AFK camp the item indefinitely?

Not only does the current system literally encourage this type of toxic behavior, it also discourages people from grouping with one another. Right now I consider Wizard a joke class. 20 years ago we invited them to the group because we knew no one was KS'ing you if you had one.

It's like IDK. I really think if they made a P99 server with no rules (similar to red), but also PVP-disabled, that it would be the closest thing this game could be to real classic.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only advantage to playing on Green is being able to play classes like Rogue, who even with insane twink gear... really can't solo. I actually just logged off of Blue and saw a level 40 Rogue with his epic, and BIS pretty much everything waiting on his level 60 Cleric to show up and PL him because he couldn't solo the mobs I'm solo'ing as a non-twink with ease.

Prior to playing on P99 non-instanced content sounded really cool, but the merit is lost by the rules that are in place to protect toxic players.

You really think 20 years ago that an entire server is just going to cede their right to access camps in Lower Guk because one guild decided that they wanted to AFK camp the item indefinitely?

Not only does the current system literally encourage this type of toxic behavior, it also discourages people from grouping with one another. Right now I consider Wizard a joke class. 20 years ago we invited them to the group because we knew no one was KS'ing you if you had one.

It's like IDK. I really think if they made a P99 server with no rules (similar to red), but also PVP-disabled, that it would be the closest thing this game could be to real classic.
It's totally OK to play on red, don't worry bout it buddy.

Also, I have a 54 clr on red, 52+ something wiz and 51 necro. Yet I still want to play on green for whatever reason. Even tho I am mega-antisocial.

I'm worried come lvl 40 I'll be like "but fbss camp.." but I probalby just wont care.

Red is the better server for sure but it needs to be rolled back to kunark and ppl need a fresh server so it can get passed all the drama it had in classic.

IMO delete fungi tunic and CoS from red and more ppl would play too. That's what makes most newbies quit. I actualy think fungi and CoS can stay in and are good additions to the game because smart pvpers will own a fungi twinked SK, but whatever.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:17 AM
Banned

I feel like I made a serious mistake putting my 25 points into STR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I should have put them all in AGI

IDK.

I mean if I ever hit 50 i'll only need 10 more str to getx3 dmg, then i can just focus on AGI in all my other slots.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:19 AM
Banned

aLsoO seriOusLy at recondo

u can get a practically untwinked rogue to 54 on spectres or 51 on HGs ez pz. just use intimidation and get some bandages for 50+ u dont even need better than serrated bone dirks
Old 04-23-2021, 09:19 AM
Banned

^solo

10k plat gear from green would make it a joke to level to 50

which is were ppl get grps anyway
Old 04-23-2021, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's totally OK to play on red, don't worry bout it buddy.

Also, I have a 54 clr on red, 52+ something wiz and 51 necro. Yet I still want to play on green for whatever reason. Even tho I am mega-antisocial.

I'm worried come lvl 40 I'll be like "but fbss camp.." but I probalby just wont care.

Red is the better server for sure but it needs to be rolled back to kunark and ppl need a fresh server so it can get passed all the drama it had in classic.

IMO delete fungi tunic and CoS from red and more ppl would play too. That's what makes most newbies quit. I actualy think fungi and CoS can stay in and are good additions to the game because smart pvpers will own a fungi twinked SK, but whatever.
The problem with Red for me isn't the PVP, it's the fact that the game feels utterly pointless.

There are no other players, so you get all the good camps... right? After about two days of farming platinum I realized that there's nothing worth buying, which makes solo'ing plat farms feel pointless, and there's no one to group with, which makes the game feel like there's no real goal in sight.

I strongly doubt very many Rogues is solo'ing Spectres to level 54 fam. Legit quit doing them at level 45 because it was too slow. I have serious doubts about them being able to solo Hill Giants too unless you're talking about running to EC tunnel for heals and raid buffs in between every pull.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:56 AM
Banned

I never said leveling on Green was hard. My first character there was a Cleric and I hit level 50 in like ... 2 weeks? Maybe less? Rogues are even easier to level because every group always has room for a Rogue, really. Most groups already have a Cleric, which means there's no room for another. Most groups will stack any class or non-cleric healer as long as there is room.

I remember being friends with all the Clerics on green and them being LFG for 12 hours at a time. I was smart and woke up at like 3AM, joined a group and refused to leave for like 15 hours because I knew it would be impossible to get back in as anything other than DPS.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with Red for me isn't the PVP, it's the fact that the game feels utterly pointless.

There are no other players, so you get all the good camps... right? After about two days of farming platinum I realized that there's nothing worth buying, which makes solo'ing plat farms feel pointless, and there's no one to group with, which makes the game feel like there's no real goal in sight.

I strongly doubt very many Rogues is solo'ing Spectres to level 54 fam. Legit quit doing them at level 45 because it was too slow. I have serious doubts about them being able to solo Hill Giants too unless you're talking about running to EC tunnel for heals and raid buffs in between every pull.
so eazy dood u just need to fear/snare them and they fall right over at 50

u just arent dedicated enought o kill the same mob for 3 months

also, population is reads problem, because most ppl are lazy and dumb and don't want to team up to kill the other players and most of us are mature adults, so we are all basically antipks anyway, no one wants to reuin their Andain faction.

Quote:
I never said leveling on Green was hard. My first character there was a Cleric and I hit level 50 in like ... 2 weeks? Maybe less? Rogues are even easier to level because every group always has room for a Rogue, really. Most groups already have a Cleric, which means there's no room for another. Most groups will stack any class or non-cleric healer as long as there is room.

I remember being friends with all the Clerics on green and them being LFG for 12 hours at a time. I was smart and woke up at like 3AM, joined a group and refused to leave for like 15 hours because I knew it would be impossible to get back in as anything other than DPS.
clerics can easily solo, again lol, and also they can nuke and stun which is iMO better than dumb ass slows... or a DS in a high dps grp

2 clerics, 3 wizards, and mage = lolz hehehehehe
Old 04-23-2021, 10:03 AM
Banned

the problem isnt the servers it's that people are frozen in the meta of war/clr/ench really that plagues every server everywhere, even TAKP because everyones just like 'roll a chanter box m8

and i don't hate chyanters, but their charm really should be restricted to humanoid flagged npcs and should break about 50% more often and more catestrophically without a grp to back them up they should not want to use charm
Old 04-23-2021, 10:03 AM
Banned

except for minor cc

Wow unfortunately went way to hardcore the other direction and baically removed the problematic skills and EQ2 didn't even acknowledge them
Closed Thread