Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Default Time to fix the classic halfling xp bug

Now would be a good time to finally correct a long standing bug/mistake. Halflings were given the 5 percent xp bonus that was meant for humans.

Halflings get combined 577 attribute points at char creation
vs
Humans get 575 attribute points

Halflings also get several innate racial abilities, some with very high utility such as:

-50 points in hide and sneak
-extra 10 points in innate resistances
-infravision

Humans on the other hand get:
-NOTHING (extra blindness, requiring a light source at night)

Now it was confirmed by developers years ago that the human xp bonus was mistakenly given to halflings and just never corrected.

They say its never too late to fix a mistake. Why continue to penalize humans?

Halflings get more starting stats, more starting resistances, more starting racial abilities AND the only racial xp bonus in the game.

Lets make this right. Humans deserve their long forgotten and intended racial bonus back.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Get Mayor Gubbin on the line. I want to report a terrorist to the Rivervale sheriff's department.

He's going to kill us all for being a superior race.

He's even accusing us of some kind of extra resistances that we don't actually have either.

Yes. I'll hold.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

haha
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-18-2021, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

In this case it’s exactly 22 years late. No one wants to help humans out. They are a top fashion quest choice for late Everquest gamers anyways and their middling stats are pretty high tier for a lot of their class options for end game build outs when the blindness becomes moot anyways. Good thread though
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Developers also decided that the manastone was too powerful and never should have been in the game. We should delete them all to rectify this mistake.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

100% agree. We didn't bring zero cast time pumice back into the game.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Developers also decided that the manastone was too powerful and never should have been in the game. We should delete them all to rectify this mistake.
As far as I recall, the manastone wasn't a bug. I am pretty sure someone made it on purpose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2021, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In this case it’s exactly 22 years late. No one wants to help humans out. They are a top fashion quest choice for late Everquest gamers anyways and their middling stats are pretty high tier for a lot of their class options for end game build outs when the blindness becomes moot anyways. Good thread though
I think that strengthens the whole argument though. Yes, humans are good at high level, that's why their ability to gain xp faster is something like a racial ability.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

I think for it to be classic they should should say they fixed it in the patch notes, but not actually fix it.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as I recall, the manastone wasn't a bug. I am pretty sure someone made it on purpose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said its a bug, it was a mistake to even create it. Halfling xp isn't a bug either, it works perfectly fine. Was a mistake to put it on the wrong race. If you want that mistake fixed, then I want all manastones and other legacy items deleted. They were mistakes that the devs wouldn't have made if they could start over.

Should we also remove a percent of all current halfling's earned xp equal to their bonus and give it to human players? Probably.
Closed Thread