Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

How about a UO style pvp server,.

Everyone starts Blue, and after 3 player kills you have 3 long term murder counts.

All city guards will attack you on sight if you're a murderer.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

I would support literally any PVP ruleset on a fresh wiped server.

The 3 player kills (possibly resetting after a long period of time) would go a long way to making a more normal PVP community and by normal I mean live-like

But with multiple free accounts and so many ways to get into the game now it would be easier than the past to just be a murderer forever and have a non murderer alt do your city-work.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would support literally any PVP ruleset on a fresh wiped server.

The 3 player kills (possibly resetting after a long period of time) would go a long way to making a more normal PVP community and by normal I mean live-like

But with multiple free accounts and so many ways to get into the game now it would be easier than the past to just be a murderer forever and have a non murderer alt do your city-work.
Yeah on live uo, it's 24 hours of in game time to burn off 1 long term murder count. On some private servers it's 72 hours for 1 long term murder count.
To no longer be a red you'll have to drop below 3 long term murder counts. However some murderers enjoy stacking up long term murder counts as a form of bragging rights.
You can only gain murder counts by killing blues, killing other reds doesn't reward murder counts.

The whole idea being is to separate pks from blues. It helps build communities around the two activates. Some enjoy being blue others enjoy being red. you'll find the group you fit in with quick. Then one side hunts the other sides,. aka a teams systems without having a teams system.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah its basically a hard coded PK / anti PK relationship in UO and that all translated to Rallos Zek but definitely not to Red 99.

Could be OK, anything is better than leaving red 99 flatlined for another 10 years. I guess deleting the server and not making a new one would be worse? Dunno.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry to say, but I don't think enough people would play at this point. I don't blame the current red population, but they are their own worst enemy. Rogaen could prolly wipe with a clear conscience if there were 0 players.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
250 pop at the launch for a month or two.... Lets all talk about that 10 years later..... Get help.
Nah I don't think so. It may have been at launch but I don't think it was. When I played and it was 250 pop it seemed to be a couple years into it.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm honestly beginning to believe the bandwagon that claims staff don't want to deal with the type of players who play eq pvp.

in 2021 green has mega raid guilds getting raid banned for "leadership". Can you imagine the ultimate shit show a fresh red server would produce.
They dont have to manage anything. Thats what fucked up red, people like Rogean who most likely never played a server like Rallos and thought LOL u think were gonna let people play EQ like they play call of duty? And then proceeded to do absolutely nothing as the worst toxic elements of the server abused that ill-advised xp loss in pvp mechanic to depopulate the nice 600 pop we had at launch, with the griefers literally bragging daily on the forums for months that they were "griefing people off the server" and Nizzar using the mechanic to cockblock anyone from entering places like fear to build up his RMT empire.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:55 AM
Banned

Also, one thing that came out of this debacle is that derubael was also dabbling in RMT. I dont know the details but xp loss in pvp made it that nihilum held a stranglehold on raid content for a long time. So its possible that since derubael had something to gain from red being a shit show, maybe thats why red was allowed to be bled dry of its players for so long and why its in sad ass shape it is today. Theres the issue of trust, after they nerfed xp in kunark, like half of the already crippled pop of the server quit. Like why would you play and invest serious time on a server where devs seem to have abandoned it to 2 GMs who seem to not know what the fuck they are doing (Sirken and Derubael)
Old 05-03-2021, 01:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
250 pop at the launch for a month or two.... Lets all talk about that 10 years later..... Get help.
Red had 600 or close to 600 at launch. Its plain evident xp loss after a pvp death ruined the pop. I still remember my incredulousness at that on launch day after i saw holocaust 10v1 some poor schmuck on their way to Guk. Like lol is this for real? The experience was nothing like Rallos. People didnt wanna fight zergs, at all, never, because of the huge sting of xp death. No xp loss would have meant people still had a chance against zergs, could have had fun trying to guerilla them out of places like guk. I took a year+ to fix it and by then the pop was just bled dry.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 05-03-2021 at 01:10 AM..
Old 05-03-2021, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reign of Thule, the new Teams PVP server is going to be intense
Lol’d hard, intensely less population than red99 and the RoZ shit show divided amongst THREE teams instead of basically 2. Hard pass
Closed Thread