Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 12:36 PM
Banned

Default Star Wars Galaxies is the worst game I've ever played in my entire life.

99% of the community is AFK running macros. That's how the game was designed to be "played."

Like it's super confusing, there's no actual end-game, but you're time gated. You can only do 10 missions every 24 hours (which take roughly 30 minutes to complete), after that the only way you can gain experience is by running and AFK macro, but this only works if someone leaves the group, which never happens since everyone in the AFK groups are AFK for days at a time.

It's really lame to want to play a game and not actually be able to play it without being AFK, but not even being able to play it while AFK.

And then even if you do get to high level, everyone is literally just AFK the entire time and there's no real end-game. In most MMOs, like EverQuest for example, simply hitting level 60... for most people is a major challenge. There are clear upgrades along the way, and it's unlikely that the average player will ever get BIS raid gear due to how time consuming and daunting the task is.

In SWG it's like... okay AFK to level 90... and now there's no real raids or bad-ass items, or other players to play with... IDK.

I'm like actually mad that someone tricked me into playing this game.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Banned

No real dungeons or anything either. You know how people hate World Quests on WoW? Imagine if that was the entire game. This is basically what SWG is. A bunch of world quests, but without flavor or reward.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

You have to use your imagination.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:57 PM
Aviak

Development of swg is why luclin wasn’t finished when it released and anything post velious sucks. That wasn’t the only other mmo they started developing, there was a dc or marvel one aswell. The devs were spread thinner then the Roman Empire trying to cash in, capitalize and monopolize the mmo industry.

In my opinion atleast.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:19 PM
Banned

time gating and waypoint systems are the worst thing to ever happen to simulations
Old 04-21-2021, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

"lets make massively multiplayer online game about starwars!"

"Awesome! What will be the main mechanic in the game?"

"Dancing."
Old 04-21-2021, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"lets make massively multiplayer online game about starwars!"

"Awesome! What will be the main mechanic in the game?"

"Dancing."
Another good point. Designing classes that can’t even be played without buffs is really wonky. My dude can use one ability before he goes OOM without buffs. They should have made the mana bar work normally without buffs, but drastically increased damage done by abilities when buffed.

The fact that you can’t even press your basic abilities without buffs makes your character and leveling, and item progression feel pointless. Doesn’t matter what level you are or what items you are, all that matters is that you got buffed.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

I am not going to lie, I still play the old republic MMO every few years, its a great single player narrative game IMO.

I wish that galaxies was that game. If it was OT content with the old republic gameplay, I'd be so stoked.

I wish that starwars battlefront was a MMO..

My friends all say that I just want a Starwars Barbie simulator, and I dont disagree.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not going to lie, I still play the old republic MMO every few years, its a great single player narrative game IMO.

I wish that galaxies was that game. If it was OT content with the old republic gameplay, I'd be so stoked.

I wish that starwars battlefront was a MMO..

My friends all say that I just want a Starwars Barbie simulator, and I dont disagree.
Yeah if they made a modern SWG as SWTOR it would have been sick af.

I couldn’t play swtor when it launched because I was one of the unfortunate ones whose pc wouldn’t run it despite far exceeding the recommended requirements.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

I remember when I got my first helmet in SWG and I was like "this should give me dark elf vision"

it and all the other helmets, provided nothing but AC...

game was such trash.
Closed Thread