Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making a big deal about going to bed then sneaking down to the study to play more eq.
This is how I ended up having to drop out of high school. The computer was in my room. Once I heard my dad go to sleep I would sneak up and get on the computer.. at first I was managing it fine. I was staying up late, but still making it to school.

Eventually I stopped going altogether. I would actually sneak out of the house about an hour before my dad got home, and would walk through the door after the school bus drove by. One day he got a letter in the mail saying I had 100 absences and he didn't believe it.

Once he found out he was really furious, and physical violence naturally ensued, I ended up dropping out and moving about an hour away where I was finally able to get my life on track.

I really blame my dad for the entire thing to this day.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I petitioned him because he was a PKER and I hated him and watched him get arrested and disappear and it was glorious.
I ended up in jail cell in Qeynos Catacombs as a kid... yes it's real. There's no way to get out of it. My friends and I were scamming other players into giving us items or platinum and then saying we would log on to another character to give them the other item that they wanted. Eventually it caught up to us.

I ended up with a really bad reputation, and I guess I really pissed off a GM... so when I moved to another server to start over new... without doing anything bad... a GM actually tracked me down to that server and cursed me out and even made threats towards me in real life... I'm not kidding. I know it had to be a GM because this person didn't appear online even though he was messaging me, and how else would he have found me on another server? Even my real life friends didn't know where I had gone at the time.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spending a week telling all my friends and co workers about the game and then calling in sick on Monday. Then dodging my boss when they wanted a doctors note.

Managers knew firing me would only allow me to play more so they just gave me more hours to spite me.
This reminds me of the time I called in sick to go see the midnight showing of Lord of the Rings, but made no attempt to hide it. Young people gonna' young.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you could easily transfer nodrop gear via the legends server (stormhammer)

1) transfer char to SH
2) die in bazaar or somewhere easy to get to
3) request transfer off of SH (they wouldn't verify whether you had a corpse, or delete that corpse)
4) create char with same name as the char you want to transfer items to
5) transfer in target char, you'll get an 'x' appended to your name
6) petition for rename, request name of the char from step 1
6) loot corpse of original char

for the low, low price of $80 (2 months of legends sub) you too can have your retired friend's bis items
That's actually interesting, I didn't know about that... and $80 really is nothing for some of the no drop items in EQ.. People spend hundreds of dollars on WoW tokens to get a BOE that will be replaced in a couple of months.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:23 AM
Banned

so are you on coke or meth
Old 04-23-2021, 09:47 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-23-2021, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

I remember when Greater Faydark was called FayMart because of all the selling going on there back in the day.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:44 PM
Banned

I wonder what FayLord thought that one up
(LOL)
Old 04-23-2021, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

I just remembered one - killing the red con Qeynos Sewers sharks from land. Could hit them, they couldn't hit me. Great xp
Old 04-23-2021, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just remembered one - killing the red con Qeynos Sewers sharks from land. Could hit them, they couldn't hit me. Great xp
Rogues only should be allowed to do this.
Closed Thread