Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 12-24-2022, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can confirm that human Inny clerics start as apprehensive to the Marr factions in NFP.
Old 12-25-2022, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

That is correct. Both innorruuk and Berty clerics are infiltators. Not widely respected or openly worshipped sects.

Think satanic priests masquerading as catholics or rebel televangelists. Or secret political advisors with connections to both the priest hood and powerful people in order to manipulate events to their g-ds favour.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooChicken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Freeport necro guild does not sell Gate. The casters and paladin guilds in Freeport who sell it are dubious. The casters guild in Neriak is threateningly. The cleric guild in Neriak is dubious until you do the faction quest, then you can buy it at apprehensive.

Human Innoruuk necros are the only necros who can't buy Gate at their guildhall.
Similarly, Human Bertoxxulous Necros can't buy their shield spells in their guild hall either.
Old 12-26-2022, 04:22 AM
Planar Protector

Are they missing a generic spell vendor which should be there or is it a classic lack of spells for this guild (no guild ever has a full suite of spells)?

With the revamp to freeport on live this may not be easy to check. Maybe the pirate monster mission can open a window into the old zone.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 12-27-2022, 01:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are they missing a generic spell vendor which should be there or is it a classic lack of spells for this guild (no guild ever has a full suite of spells)?

With the revamp to freeport on live this may not be easy to check. Maybe the pirate monster mission can open a window into the old zone.
Not sure about Freeport but I remember the Bloodsaber guild not having shield spells in classic.

IIRC, it was even tougher on human enchanters of bertoxxulous in Qeynos. They had to run to Freeport to get their spells (they could drop transfer/ have a friend buy them etc. but that compromises the RP aspect.) since most of the enchanter spells weren't available in the bertox guild hall and faction wouldn't allow them to buy anything from the Order of Three spell vendors.

I think it is one of those things that makes playing an evil character in a good city tougher but for some of us a bit more rewarding.
Old 12-27-2022, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure about Freeport but I remember the Bloodsaber guild not having shield spells in classic.

IIRC, it was even tougher on human enchanters of bertoxxulous in Qeynos. They had to run to Freeport to get their spells (they could drop transfer/ have a friend buy them etc. but that compromises the RP aspect.) since most of the enchanter spells weren't available in the bertox guild hall and faction wouldn't allow them to buy anything from the Order of Three spell vendors.

I think it is one of those things that makes playing an evil character in a good city tougher but for some of us a bit more rewarding.
I considered a human Bertoxx enchanter at one point. Being a brainwasher for the cult, luring people down into the sewers to be turned into minions or sacrificed, etc etc. Seems like a really flavorful idea for a character.

Damn I wish this game had more meaningful deity stuff. It'd be cool to have an actual tangible reason to pick deities on enchanters (besides what the Tunareans get).

As far as getting spells goes, I'm fairly certain they start apprehensive with the Order of Three so they actually can buy spells. But if not, it'd be pretty RP appropriate to manipulate players in the game to buy them for you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-27-2022, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn I wish this game had more meaningful deity stuff. It'd be cool to have an actual tangible reason to pick deities on enchanters (besides what the Tunareans get).
Amen. I think more deity-specific quests/items/tradeskill recipes (for all classes) would be an amazing candidate for future Blue custom content.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amen. I think more deity-specific quests/items/tradeskill recipes (for all classes) would be an amazing candidate for future Blue custom content.
Purple 99 where everything is tradeskilled.

Maybe raw hide and ringmail and bronze stay.
Old 03-13-2023, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

My Bertoxx enchanter on red was able to buy spells from the above-ground losers in Qeynos. Not classic? Merchants were apprehensive.
Old 03-14-2023, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human innoruuk cleric can't buy spells at all until they do they do the faction quest.
What are you talkingg about? That is the most liked faction and race class combo in the game. You can go almost anywhere in the world instantly.