Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 05-10-2023, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaerhawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, good to know, thanks! Also, how do you know you have the highest-level pet obtainable? Is there any way besides /con?
I think at 16 you can no longer get an even con,so you just need to go by what their hitting for. The max dmg is listed on the pet wiki.
Animation soloing kind of drops off after 20s or so. Then picks back up once you have zumaiks, the highest level spell.
It is surprisingly good.
Old 05-11-2023, 01:41 AM
Banned

You can tell if its max pet by observing the maximum the pet hits a mob after summoning and consulting this https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide
Old 05-11-2023, 01:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
zumaiks, the highest level spell.
It is surprisingly good.
I don't agree with this guy regarding the 55 pet. At 55+ which is far away from level 16, 55+ charming dps is so good that Zumaiks can't keep up. It looks cool though.
Old 05-11-2023, 07:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't agree with this guy regarding the 55 pet. At 55+ which is far away from level 16, 55+ charming dps is so good that Zumaiks can't keep up. It looks cool though.
Well ofcourse it doesn't compare to charm pets,but if you want to do a lazy afk camp zumaiks is great.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:58 AM
Aviak

Thanks, everyone! Super helpful information. Gonna kick some ass now. (Or at least TRY to...)

Cheers
Old 05-11-2023, 09:59 AM
Aviak

Wait, one more question -- should I give my animation anything? FS weapon or anything? Also, is there any way to get it to attack without me getting attacked from the mob?
Old 05-11-2023, 10:08 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaerhawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What am I doing wrong? I know I need to get 51% of the damage per mob, so I'm hitting each with Sanity Warp twice. That's a big mana hog, though.
For right now at your level and without clarity, probably better to stick to 1 v 1 fights.

Keep your kill target rooted.

If your pet is winning, you can spam "sit" and it will take max damage hits to even out their HP.

If your pet is losing, slow the kill target.

Try to get them both down as low as possible.

Invis self or gazughi ring. finish with the lowest level nuke that will kill the mob.

----OR----

Find a competent 2nd player around your level to duo with and you don't need to worry about pets eating xp.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Wait, one more question -- should I give my animation anything? FS weapon or anything? Also, is there any way to get it to attack without me getting attacked from the mob?
Weapons might help in the early levels yes but you don't have to, the animations are mindless bloodthirsty zombies basically.. no way to control them like other pets
Old 05-11-2023, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
I usually don't worry about weaponizing animations. Charmed pets get a torch to enable dual wielding.

The animation will only attack something that has attacked you. Be ready to CC via level 4 mesmerize any adds to enable 1v1 so pet is not ganged up on. Also if pet is not doing what you want and all the mobs are rooted you can reclaim animation and get a new pet going to attack whichever mob you prefer.

Make sure you have lots of Tiny Daggers. Low level animation don't cost that much mana.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I started playing a Chanter for a number of reasons, one of which being I've never played a caster before.

I've gotten myself to level 16 by power leveling. (Brazier to level 11, Tooth to 16. See my post in General about my woes with that tooth.) Now I'm trying to actually learn the class, specifically charm killing.

I'm in NRo charming dervish cutthroats and generally succeeding. (I haven't died yet! I know I will, but not yet.) However, I go through my entire bar of mana killing one camp. Because I've twinked the chanter with maybe 3k of gear, medding takes quite a while. (Even with Breeze.)

What am I doing wrong? I know I need to get 51% of the damage per mob, so I'm hitting each with Sanity Warp twice. That's a big mana hog, though.

I've read (and keep open) Xornn's guide, but am still having a tough time figuring this out on my own.

Cheers.
There are 3(4 for you) issues with charming at low levels, specifically for enchanters.

1.) You don't have clarity yet. Eventually you get C2, ToT, Wandering mind, etc. It just gets easier and easier to gain mana as you level up.
2.) At level 16 you don't have a great mana pool. Charm is expensive(always use the lowest level charm that will allow you to still charm blues).
3.) The level range of blues isn't great at level 16 vs let's say lvl 60 where a blue con mob is 15 levels lower than you. This will lead to more issues landing & maintaining charm.
4.) As others have stated, don't try to do 51%. Break as low as possible and finish off your pet. I used choke for the longest time to do this on my enc, great spell.

Hang in there, hunt the lowest possible blues you can, go 1v1 for awhile(1v many is better at 29+ with clarity & a better mana pool) and balance health as needed via pet sit if your pet is winning, but aim to fight similarish mobs. Also duo when possible with other classes to avoid having to charmless. It will get easier as you level up.

Good luck.