Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Question Soloing Skyshrine

Does anyone have experience leveling/soloing in Skyshrine?

I'm looking for a new spot to grind out 55+ on my Necro. While looking around for some new spots, I noticed Skyshrine has quite a few mobs that are 45+.

From what I've read some mobs are pretty MR. I logged on to Live last night to scope things out and it looked like quite a few casters as well (though not sure if SS was changed at some point). Only ever farmed a Guardian Robe/killed random weapon-equipped cubes on Live back-in-the-day.

Going to give it a shot later tonight, but I wanted to see what/if any experience people had there. I see quite a bit of random SS loot floating around, so I know some people at killing there at least.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

I farmed this a bit on live. I'm not sure how valuable farming Skyshrine is over here relatively speaking. The big ticket drops from wyverns on live were the weapons (Lath Drinor and Skyfury Scimitar) which probably aren't going to be worth dogshit here. However, Elder's Earring, Square Helm (graphic), and Oiled Greaves might be fetch a decent tag. In addition, Wurm Lord's Shawl is very solid for the caster farming these.

Anyhow, the level 35-40 cubes before the Vehlics had drops from the Wyvern table, but the rate might make them not worth farming.

I would suggest doing this spot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uiGMsKmMh8#t=11m13s

Nothing should see-invis up to this point, so it's pretty easy to get to. You should be able to clear those 4 Wyverns without a problem. Hopefully they're not too MR on Project1999. You can either keep Jaelk cleared and kite backwards or just kite in the room and monitor respawn times.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks! That's the kind of info I was looking for. On Live that room has been replaced with ~8+ mobs with plenty of casters, and more of the same after the teleport down.

What about the library (at ~13:55)? Looks like most of those are also the same level, once you dodge the higher level/see invis mobs en route? Loot would be a bonus, but I'm really just looking for a new, low traffic spot to set up shop for a while.