Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 01:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Precisely. It's a vastly different experience than playing now on Blue, which is what I care about.

Even if the naysayers (no offense but that's what you guys are right now) are right in that the same people will camp things like Manastones etc, I don't care. The economy will be fresh, prices wont be vastly inflated and it will be a MUCH different experience.

That's what I and many others are looking forward to from Green 99.

No. Make me.
Do you think prices on blue are too high?

??????

Bro wait til the new server, you won't be paying 500p for a Ghoulbane, you'll be paying 8k. That's what I sold them for on red. Good luck getting that 8k when there are 800 people all wanting to camp sea furies and halfling guards.

That's the thing man, *any* item worth camping will be perma-camped by people with nothing better to do. When red first came out I was home for the summer after working overseas with nothing to do in a boring town. Camping 6 ghoulbanes back to back and handing it off to your friend is pretty easy to do from the living room couch during a summer off.

(Normal people with consistent responsibilities can't do this)
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Last edited by fuark; 09-06-2016 at 01:25 AM..
Old 09-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

All this talk about items and Id just love to get lowbie groups and kill lowbie shit and meet new folks. The journey folks. Its all about the journey.
And for Christ sakes, how about you make your character interesting with a little back story to them as well? You know, like the way the game was INTENDED to be played?
Sslaythe (30 Iksar shaman) Leader of the Harbingers of Thule
Old 09-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Fresh servers are prty hype tho. That feel when Unrest named drops are major upgrades!
Old 09-07-2016, 01:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The next server needs to be much different, not shitty exact-classic coding. When it comes out, Blue will likely become a relative ghost-town after not long (it certainly deserves to). There's no point to actually playing that server; it's a very sad game. It can just stand as a monument to the "exact classic coding". The next server needs to try its damn hardest to be the best possible version of what classic Everquest was actually supposed to be. A return to the adventure, unpredictability, and immersive high-fantasy feeling of what truly defines Everquest.
i disagree. When the bat-phone rings the blue players playing on green will flee like cockroaches in a spotlight back to blue for their lewtz. What will happen is that blue will essentially become a raid-only server for the 186,000 level 60s who are already there. Many (most?) don't even play on blue now unless their cell-phone goes off.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think prices on blue are too high?

??????

Bro wait til the new server, you won't be paying 500p for a Ghoulbane, you'll be paying 8k. That's what I sold them for on red. Good luck getting that 8k when there are 800 people all wanting to camp sea furies and halfling guards.
Actually, if Green were another Blue server, then the prices for items in the early going would be reasonable. There will be some merchants trying to peg prices high, but when a server is young, sales are fast- folks want to get back to playing.

On blue, the first item I purchased from another player was a Ghoulbane, for 600p. That was August of 2010. Kunark was a looooong way off. Granted, at that time, 600p was closer to the 8k you joke about than it seems now.

Red's economy is VERY weird. I'd not use it to predict patterns on another blue ruleset server. It's just not the same.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Like others have suggested, the best thing they could to do bring back the "classic" feel is to change up some of the in-game values, for example:

-Change up the loot table so different named drop different items.

-Change respawn times for zones and rare spawns so players have to discover the new values.

-Change spawn locations for rare mobs.

-Set a new time line for items that get nerfed or removed so no one knows if or when they will actually get removed.

-Change the ZEMs so players have to figure out which zones give the best experience rates.

-Change race/class exp penalties.

Blue can be the "base classic experience" and each additional server/color can have different random values so that each iteration is a little different than the last and players don't go into it knowing exactly what to expect.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fortunately we don't have to worry about Green stealing people from Phinny, because it will complete its progression before Green launches. Suggesting P99 would "steal" players from Phinny is both naive and irresponsible. There are a lot more differences beyond timeline. P99 does not appeal to the same player base. If it did, that would be grounds for shutting it down.
This. Also part of the agreement Rogean entered into was agreeing to cooperate with Daybreak on avoiding competition.

I'm honestly not sure if Rogean is even allowed to release a Luclin/PoP box anyway with the agreement he entered into.

The details haven't been fully disclosed.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-09-2016, 04:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Also part of the agreement Rogean entered into was agreeing to cooperate with Daybreak on avoiding competition.

I'm honestly not sure if Rogean is even allowed to release a Luclin/PoP box anyway with the agreement he entered into.

The details haven't been fully disclosed.
which begs the question:
why aren't the details being released? First benghazi with the lies, now this... thanks authority for being shady again
Old 09-09-2016, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

lol yeah its like Benghazi 2.0 around here!

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-09-2016, 06:47 AM
Kobold

Whats needed is a server for the big raid guilds and a seperate server for everybody else.
Closed Thread