Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

You have overlooked one problem with that large banner. Pay attention to what else you see at the top of the forum. Ads!

I'd reckon unless Rogean or whoever upgrades their vBulletin account to an ad-less version, you have no chance of putting anything in place of them. You're probably locked into the current size of the vBulletin logo, which in the long run is a good thing. It's much easier to make a smaller, tighter banner look elegant. It's difficult keep long skinny banners from looking tacky or too ad-based.

I do agree that it might be nice to see an EQ based logo in place of vBulletin, but it needs to be incredibly simple.
Last edited by toddfx; 05-07-2010 at 06:44 PM..
Old 05-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see no Tralina in there. Needs moar halflings.
there was some halfling in there but i eated it already, sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 05-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddfx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have overlooked one problem with that large banner. Pay attention to what else you see at the top of the forum. Ads!

I'd reckon unless Rogean or whoever upgrades their vBulletin account to an ad-less version, you have no chance of putting anything in place of them. You're probably locked into the current size of the vBulletin logo.
the higher the width, the higher the left offset of the ads so np..

EQEmuLauncher

Old 05-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the higher the width, the higher the left offset of the ads so np..
True, but you have to consider the average user. I'm viewing this at 1600x1200, which I believe to already be above average, and my white space is only about 60% as wide as your banner. What is your screen resolution?

Edit: I think i see what you mean. If you replace that image with something larger, vBulletin will push those ads to the right?
Last edited by toddfx; 05-07-2010 at 06:54 PM..
Old 05-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddfx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think i see what you mean. If you replace that image with something larger, vBulletin will push those ads to the right?
exactly

it would also be easy to add a linebreak after the vbulletin logo or anythin.

EQEmuLauncher

Old 05-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Yeah lets see some stuff made and lets get a banner popping :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Old 05-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Just make a EQ Theme, and those who dont wanna use it at work can have the option to change the theme via user controls. Sometimes many forums have diff themes and let the users pick which one they want specifically for them.
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 05-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Aviak

Here is my quick and dirty eq theme - it's a rip from a classic site and most of you classic players should recognize it =).

http://enyxmedia.com/forum.php

enyxmedia.com is a sandbox domain and the posts on the thread are just an old database I use for style testing.

Yes.... I know.. thats an Iksar in the header.. but Kunark IS coming so.. live with it =)

Volga
Old 05-09-2010, 03:27 AM
Fire Giant

There was a guild on my live server back in the day. Everytime you visited the site, or daily the banner would change. If that code is possible here I saw we pick a couple of banners and have them cycled.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

I'd reckon unless Rogean or whoever upgrades their vBulletin account to an ad-less version, you have no chance of putting anything in place of them. You're probably locked into the current size of the vBulletin logo, which in the long run is a good thing. It's much easier to make a smaller, tighter banner look elegant. It's difficult keep long skinny banners from looking tacky or too ad-based.

I do agree that it might be nice to see an EQ based logo in place of vBulletin, but it needs to be incredibly simple.
I don't ever see any ads, but that's because I run Adblock Plus. So if a new banner was added, it would look perfect for me.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Closed Thread