Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Orc

1999-2000 servers would break 1200 and then they would open a new server to reduce the crashes caused by such a high population. Pre RoK it seemed that the game wanted servers to stay around 1k players at peak.
During server upgrades doing RoK days and then into SoV servers could and did hit as high as 1800 at peak times. Like one or two of the more popular servers even broke into 2100 range. More server splits to reduce population to ease the server load.
Of course you have to take into account the added zones and spread of players across all of the zones and all the level ranges.

Right now I see P99 at 2am EST on a friday night and it reminds me of early morning PST time when I would raid with euro players. At the average peak times it reminds me of most weekday evenings during pre RoK days.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:03 AM
Fire Giant

I wonder if you delete the character selection files if it would load up the old ones as a default?
Old 05-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to say it the brittish way: this is most good, most good!

Quote: "Hey darling, we could have sexual intercorse." - "Yes, yes." - "But let's rather not."
I'm english, and i've never heard someone say something is "most good". That's just stereotyping :/

I enchant things...
Closed Thread