Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In general, a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead.

Camp hadn't fully respawned mobs, BG still had a presence.
By BG you are referring to your own guild - based on your post history, you appear to be an officer or at least a member of Blood Guard. Just wanted to make that clear as people might otherwise presume you are merely a neutral commentator.

What is "a presence"? Is "a presence" a corpse? is it a FD member, or is it enough people to be able to handle the mobs spawned in camp? or is it enough people to handle the camp in its entirety? Seems like a lot of possible factors at play that would require a situation-by-situation determination.

The rule also doesnt reference a wipe and what a wipe entails, and that a wipe causes you to lose a camp. Wipes have generally been held to cause a group to lose a camp if another group engages after that wipe. It is clear you wiped here, and that factor, as well as all factors, will hopefully be considered by the GMs when they have the opportunity to look at what happened.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Orc

"Interpretation" when I copied it straight from the rules.

I don't think you understand what "interpretation" means.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As to Hotel: WOW, so much for not wanting to bother the GMs. More like, only wanting to bother the GMs if they stand to gain.

As to DMN: they could not have handled the mobs as they were, they had 2 people fd to my knowledge (perhaps a third at zone in?). Those two people could not have handled the mobs that were already up in camp (at least 4/7 mobs were up, including the roamer). Further, you are buying into the assumption that they do get a "reasonable amount of time" to recover from their wipe and try again. I don't buy that. if that were the case, then BG could forever hold the camp without any others being able to get a chance.
Not a reasonable time to recover necessarily, but a reasonable time to engage respawns. If it's as you say and half the room had already repopped, then I think they lost any claim. Do you have that fraps> cause I think that's the linchpin here.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Semi off topic, BG trained our Only cleric in TD early this morning with a couple raptors they flopped due to a dirty faydedar pull, then proceeded to try and kill him anyways. luckily they wiped completely and I had a pulsing goo in my pocket. still seems like a negative trend of sportsmanship here.
Last edited by Wallicker; 03-11-2019 at 05:49 PM..
Old 03-11-2019, 05:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By BG you are referring to your own guild - based on your post history, you appear to be an officer or at least a member of Blood Guard. Just wanted to make that clear as people might otherwise presume you are merely a neutral commentator.

What is "a presence"? Is "a presence" a corpse? is it a FD member, or is it enough people to be able to handle the mobs spawned in camp? or is it enough people to handle the camp in its entirety? Seems like a lot of possible factors at play that would require a situation-by-situation determination.

The rule also doesnt reference a wipe and what a wipe entails, and that a wipe causes you to lose a camp. Wipes have generally been held to cause a group to lose a camp if another group engages after that wipe. It is clear you wiped here, and that factor, as well as all factors, will hopefully be considered by the GMs when they have the opportunity to look at what happened.
Officer and was there. Post history isnt' hard to look up so forgive me for not pointing that out.

Shariki 60 Monk
Phayln 60 Enchanter

^ Just so we're 100% clear
Old 03-11-2019, 05:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Semi off topic, BG trained our Only cleric in TD early this morning with a couple raptors they flopped due to a dirty faydedar pull, then proceeded to try and kill him anyways. luckily they wiped completely and I had a pliable goo in my pocket. still seems like a negative trend of sportsmanship here.
I like where this thread is headed.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a reasonable time to recover necessarily, but a reasonable time to engage respawns. If it's as you say and half the room had already repopped, then I think they lost any claim. Do you have that fraps> cause I think that's the linchpin here.
I don't have prior fraps unfortunately. I did not consider that it would be debatable and that they would try to claim they didn't wipe and/or lose camp. Only when I realized they were making such a claim, and had the potential to KS (Which they did do) did I load and run fraps.

Hoping the server logs and circumstantial evidence (read: they admit to wiping due to their own train) will establish the rest. The individual playing Rover may choose to comment to give his perspective as well (and, either agree with my story or not). Because he is in one of the larger raid guilds here, and additionally out of respect for him, I will leave him to make that call - I did provide his name to the GMs in my petition so that they can speak with him if they want.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
I don't have prior fraps unfortunately. I did not consider that it would be debatable and that they would try to claim they didn't wipe and/or lose camp. Only when I realized they were making such a claim, and had the potential to KS (Which they did do) did I load and run fraps.

Hoping the server logs and circumstantial evidence (read: they admit to wiping due to their own train) will establish the rest. The individual playing Rover may choose to comment to give his perspective as well (and, either agree with my story or not). Because he is in one of the larger raid guilds here, and additionally out of respect for him, I will leave him to make that call - I did provide his name to the GMs in my petition so that they can speak with him if they want.
I like how he tries to play this as 2 different people when I've already heard of multiple petitions going in on him duo boxing these toons from another guild.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how he tries to play this as 2 different people when I've already heard of multiple petitions going in on him duo boxing these toons from another guild.
Right... like I would be stupid enough to petition and make public a fraps of me duoboxing yet, at the same time, smart and ambidextrous enough to man two chars at once (especially with me fluttering around my movements on Svenn like a spaz) while talking with myself and asking myself whether or not we should kill a mob vs recharm it in group text.

Way to use ad hominem attacks to defend your flimsy position.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
You got evidence for the claim man? A shit bag move to call out someone for two boxxing without any proof.
Closed Thread