Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

You don't have the right to pick a camp at your choice in that case, it's the guy having the camps choice mind you... You could probably be accused to ks if you do, through I don't think he would have much ground if he refuses to free a camp.. Also gm said that in outdoor zone a camp is 1mob if I am correct...
Old 01-12-2019, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

I was open to a discussion. He wasn’t. Said I would take whatever and he said “the whole zone is camped”.

I only mentioned him having the bank because I was killing the 6th front spawn in about 15 mins. Mind you these are 22 min respawns so he wasn’t exactly timing down to a science.

I’m far from a pushy player. The problem (as I see it) is he was clearing painfully slow...slow enough I didn’t realize he was killing guards. Or that he killed a few and went afk or someone else did and logged. I ran around invis looking for someone grinding and it was crickets from the zone to the bank. I’m new to the chanter game and at 41 usually kill six guards by the bank, Carver twice (6min timer), and gate back to the front before respawns.

If someone was at the front when I arrived I’d gladly open discussion and toss them buffs.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-12-2019 at 02:28 AM..
Old 01-12-2019, 04:31 AM
Planar Protector

If anyone here has ever done spectres in Feerott, you'll know that you cant just tie up all 7 if other people want a piece of the action. It's greedy, antisocial... and most importantly, it's against the rules to try and lock them all down when you aren't maintaining a physical presence at more than 1 spawn point at any time.

City guards are no different, you might get away with 2 stood next to each other but beyond that you need to be prepared to share. If you don't want to share play an offline game <3
Old 01-12-2019, 07:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone here has ever done spectres in Feerott, you'll know that you cant just tie up all 7 if other people want a piece of the action. It's greedy, antisocial... and most importantly, it's against the rules to try and lock them all down when you aren't maintaining a physical presence at more than 1 spawn point at any time.

City guards are no different, you might get away with 2 stood next to each other but beyond that you need to be prepared to share. If you don't want to share play an offline game <3
I was going to say something earlier but was unaware of the actual ruling. Some people say if you can keep the mobs down then you control all you can keep down. Some people say if you are killing something and someone else shows up then per server rules you actually have to split mobs with that individual or party and are unable to just claim a mass majority of mobs.

I remember way back in the day I was at Royals in SolB with a Shaman. Iirc we were just behind the spawn but were keeping up with mobs for the most part. This monk came in and started attacking a kobald that was up. We tried to talk to him, but he didn't wanna hear it. Started trying to Lawyer us. We didn't wanna start trouble so we ended up giving him the king platform ( I think he wanted that monk spawn).

At the end of the day GM's would rather not get involved and would rather players sort out their disputes. Its no fun for anyone when they show up... unless they bring illusions then its kinda fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I need sleep.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 01-12-2019, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Since gms dont tell you what a camp is there is mass confusion and the rules are very poorly put together/spread in 10 years of old gm posts. I’m sorry they are so bad, hopefully they will change for the better and people dont have to make this same thread every week.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like laying claim to a smoking hot piece of ass and only fucking her three days out of the week. Those other four days of the week other men and women have rights to claim that camp.
Lol what?
Old 01-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since gms dont tell you what a camp is there is mass confusion and the rules are very poorly put together/spread in 10 years of old gm posts.
This. But getting back to the OP, the other guy was completely wrong in this situation. To lay it out for the umpteenth time, here are the unofficial camp rules (derived from numerous GM posts here in the forum):

Golden Rule:
1. Try to resolve it with the other player first: as far as the staff is concerned the best camps are ones players agree to, even if they aren't the official camps the GMs themselves would draw

Outdoor Rules (When Staff Get Involved)

2. Whoever is there first can camp whatever they want (the whole zone even!)

3. As soon as someone new shows up, the first player gets to pick exactly one spawn point to camp

4. The new person then gets to pick exactly one spawn point to camp

5. All remaining spawns are FTE (First to Engage): whoever agroes the mob first gets it

Indoor Rules (When Staff Get Involved); Same As Outdoor Except:

6. In an indoor zone the staff may, at their sole discretion, allow a player to camp multiple mobs at once; generally for this to happen all of the spawn points need to be within line of sight and close together.

6.5 The "at their sole discretion" part is key: the staff don't like being constrained by past rulings, and they also take player conduct into account, so just because a GM let's you hold a given camp at one point in time that doesn't mean you'll get to next time (eg. the first time the person contesting you may have been a dick to the GM, so the GM let you have the whole camp, but the next time the contesting person might be polite and so the GM makes you two share the camp).

Also, all of the above is for a soloing situation. The staff has never really clarified if the rules change for groups, but it doesn't seem like they even need to: by these rules a group of six, even if they're not at a staff-assigned camp, can hold six spawn points, and those six are usually enough to cover a camp (even if there's seven mobs, no one will contest the seventh-most-wanted mob).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and people dont have to make this same thread every week.
Whenever I see the same subject coming up over and over again in the forums I start thinking about a wiki page (eg. that's how the Per-Level and Treasure guides started: I saw lots of posts for "where should I get XP?" and "where can I earn plat?"). Given the high number of rules posts we've been seeing, the http://wiki.project1999.com/Rules and http://wiki.project1999.com/Rulings pages are moving to the top of my "wiki to do list".

But I'm slow, and I'm currently stuck on the buff lines page, so if anyone is reading this and thinking "damn this is annoying, I wish there was something I could do", you can: dive into one of those pages!

Start a new page that has a list of differences between any of the two rules posts listed in the Rules page (and make sure it's linked on the Rules page so no one else tries comparing the same two pages), or use the forum search to look for posts made by staff members and add them to the Rulings page. The wiki needs you!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol what?
Don't bite off more than you can handle or someone else will pick up your slack.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol what?
You heard the man.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Don't be afraid to compete for mobs. He can't claim what he can't kill. People like that might bitch and moan about it but there's nothing he can do if you start locking down some of the spawns. There's a good chance he'll give up quickly and stick to what he knows he can get instead of risking leaving spawns up for you to take.