Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The strongest classes PvP If I remember right were:

Shaman
(Shadow)Priest
Warrior
Rogue (Mostly due to being awesome at ganking)

No. You can't just make a list like that. There is 1 on 1 pvp, the most frequent PvP on a pvp server in fact. Then there is small skirmishes of 3-6 versus 3-6. Then there is mass pvp in battlegrounds. Then there is the fact that the classes change a lot in certain level ranges. Warriors are pretty much a joke in most of these scenarios and before they get uber gear, which will only be a tiny fraction for a long time on a classic server.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. You can't just make a list like that. There is 1 on 1 pvp, the most frequent PvP on a pvp server in fact. Then there is small skirmishes of 3-6 versus 3-6. Then there is mass pvp in battlegrounds. Then there is the fact that the classes change a lot in certain level regions.
Yea you can do the whole "their all good" argument if you want.

My list was about 1v1 and I assure you it was accurate. In general Shadowpriest just about anything except an equally well-played shaman. Shaman beat everything. Warriors were fairly well rounded with some decent gear (its not hard to get good gear in WoW).

For small groups, there all good....except warlock. They did suck. They probably will have an updated version of skillcoil though at very least -- rather than that non-fear 15 minute cooldown lifetap that wasn't all that great in live classic.

I guess a Spiritlink Warlock might be good at holding a point is AB or something.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quite a bit of terrible info being tossed about here. Don’t come to p99 forums for WoW insight.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

I plan on trying it out. I'm going Alliance - PVP. Not sure what class I'll play yet.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 03-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

I just remember my mage killing pretty much everyone except rogues in vanilla. freeze + blink was solid. I am guessing alot of information about vanilla/wow is coming from the freeshards which aren't 100% classic.

I think I will play on a PVE Server or choose a PVP server that favors my faction. It was a pain in the ass on my pvp server where it was a 30/70 split against alliance.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 03-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

FOR THE HORDE!!! PVP

I have been playing my Shaman to various degrees of intensity since WoW release. In classic WoW shamans cant really do any sort of meaningful DPS and are pigeon holed into healing. I don't know just how "classic" this server is going insofar as how the classes are balanced or what patch it ends on, but I will probably play Shaman again...or maybe a Warlock since I really think Warlocks are cool.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-21-2019, 01:47 PM
Banned

Generally Shamans did resto spec for PvE and a ele/resto or resto/enhance for PvP...it didn't make as big of a difference then as it did later. Enhancement was a little better against Warrior and Rogue, which could be some of your weaker 1v1s, where as ele was better vs casters and actually securing kills in group... Most were went dagger/shield enhancement at the top (enhancement wasn't the double axe spec stuff then).

Hand of Edward the Odd would have been by far the best weapon for them but no one ever had one. There was also that dagger off the open world dragon that no one seemed to have (like one person on my server).

This is all like initial launch/MC era into BWL...then I quit for the most part and didn't play much until WotLK. At that point there wasnt't that notable of difference between players with top end blue gear and players with top end purple gear. Its extremely easy to get top end blue gear and not that hard to get some purple stuff.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman were never good in early classic Pvp WoW. BGs didn't even exist and enchant spec was simply a YOLO 1v1 build that prayed for RNG to bless them. They dump all their mana on one kill and then are sitting ducks.

Warlocks didn't have deathcoil back then but their fears always lasted the max duration, which made them ridiculously good if only they could get fears off. They nerfed fear and gave them death coil eventually.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman were never good in early classic Pvp WoW. BGs didn't even exist and enchant spec was simply a YOLO 1v1 build that prayed for RNG to bless them. They dump all their mana on one kill and then are siting ducks.

Warlocks didn't have deathcoil back then but their fears always lasted the max duration, which made them ridiculously good if only they could get fears off. They nerfed fear and gave them death coil eventually.
Grounding/Tremor totem the Undead race in general, fearless on warrior. Fear was not that good.

Look, what kind of hacksaw job they have done on these private servers. IDK what the official one will look like. But if you didn't think Shamans were good at WoW PvP in the first months/Year of the game or so -- you obviously weren't among some of the top players then.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:05 PM
Banned

Yeah there was a major imbalance with shamen and a huge nerf that caused a ton of people to quit the class after awhile. Feels like 9 months in was the nerf. Remember it clearly. I believe it was enhancement spec, which is RNG-based sure, but so's everything to WoW in some extent. If the RNG is too in your favor it's imba. That's math kid
Closed Thread