Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 09:29 AM
Aviak

SF is a camp and therefore follows the server rules for a camp. The list is only a convenient approach to avoid having to sit there for days, since SF skips spawns. There is no rule stating a list must be used.

If you really want the camp, you just have to be at the camp longer than everyone else.

There's many GM comments about it here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Rulings#...Camp_While_AFK

Note the comment about selling SF loot rights is a douche move. I hope all those Dawn Believers who live in Iceclad for Lodizal and Stormfeather aren't doing this now...

But then again, people are selling loot rights for just about everything these days, so who really cares.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:31 AM
Aviak

(Although Menden clarified that comment later, hah)
Old 06-24-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

"The person holding the camp cannot mislead you, or change his mind after telling you who is next. Something that no one ever does (and I will never understand why) is to specifically address the camp holder, asking who is next or if you can be next. The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is - if he doesn't, you may ask to be next and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. This person cannot change after the camp holder has "revealed" the next person to take the camp to you. It is an automatic forfeit if this occurs. If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp." (Derubael, 2014)

So again, once they announce who is next, that person is next barring a no-show. Lists in general are a myth, as I've stated in several threads. The only real 'list' is the next person after current camper. Anything other than that is made up BS. The next in line, however, is a real thing.

I also don't see it as a douche move TBH. Once it drops you have to move on regardless and if you want to waste 18 hours of your character time in game for it (remember you can't just log onto an alt as you would either leave zone from camp or be 2 boxing), you earned it.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

OP this is a much bigger issue than just Stormfeather. Any camp, anywhere in the server, can be "locked down" in perpetuity for as long as multiple people can collude to do so, and the current server rules not only don't stop such behavior, they actively enforce and protect it. To anyone who doesn't believe this: you don't know the rules.

This is most notable at camps for popular items on mobs with long spawn times (so it rears it's ugly head most with mobs like Stormfeather). But again, it's a server-wide rules issue, and with Green coming I think it's only going to be more of a problem.

IMHO the staff should not allow, let alone support, groups of players passing camps between each other. Either camps should be given to the winner of a random roll, or lists should be forced to go to the first person who asks to be added to them.

Heck, even giving every mob in the game FTE messages and making everything an FTE race (which would be terrible) would be more fair then letting A pass the camp to B, who passes it to C, who passes it to A ... forever, and if anyone tries to stop it the staff suspends them (not A, B, or C).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-24-2019 at 10:31 AM..
Old 06-24-2019, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMHO the staff should not allow, let alone support, groups of players passing camps between each other. Either camps should be given to the winner of a random roll, or lists should be forced to go to the first person who asks to be added to them.
I like random roll personally. There is no subjectivity or question as to whom the camp belongs to after a roll.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

IMO make the next camper sit next to current camper all the way until spawn, at which point they get camp. Earn the spot =D
Old 06-24-2019, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO make the next camper sit next to current camper all the way until spawn, at which point they get camp. Earn the spot =D
agreed

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agreed
This game already has enough sitting around doing nothing. While I think the current system is too easy to abuse, I don't think more idle EQ is healthy for anyone.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

You dont have to actively play the character, they just have to sit there (so you can't do anything else in EQ).
Old 06-24-2019, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You dont have to actively play the character, they just have to sit there (so you can't do anything else in EQ).
Right. I find it troubling that this is the best solution a bunch of adults could come up with for a camp in a 20 year old game. I guess that's true about plenty of things here though. All good!
Last edited by Psyborg; 06-24-2019 at 02:17 PM..
Closed Thread