Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 02:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct.
I concur
Old 03-18-2018, 04:45 PM
Large Bat

Exclamation No Log Data Accepted From Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the real problem. Every time one of these "auction logging" websites becomes popular prices skyrocket due to false data.
My server is the only one that allowed to read the log data, So i don't accept data from others, thus preventing this issue. Have cloud-based server that runs the game and log data and those are the only data sources I will trust.

In addition planning on adding a skylimit, Example like on p99wiki i see people add corrupt data. If corrupt data or high price data is added to chat, Im just gonna ban the name from posting on the site. Then of course remove the data. System already checking for auction post duplication so it not much to monitor, anything above a certain amount is normally flagged to me for approval before addition.
Last edited by p99auct; 03-18-2018 at 04:48 PM..
Old 03-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeriele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You probably want to be using parameterized db queries such that inputs can't mess with the queries.

TY Resolved, That version was a quick patch to get it running, new less memory, more secure version coming soon.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:22 PM
Fire Giant

Your eqauction.css (and .js) file is an exactly copy of my sites, which is released under APLv3, as such, you need to release your source code (front end + server side) for download somewhere.

Will you toss up a Github link?

Edit: See LICENSE at the bottom (as I've had my site's source up as AGPLv3 for quite awhile now):

https://github.com/ahungry/com.ahungry
Last edited by tristantio; 03-18-2018 at 09:25 PM..
Old 03-18-2018, 09:57 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your eqauction.css (and .js) file is an exactly copy of my sites, which is released under APLv3, as such, you need to release your source code (front end + server side) for download somewhere.

Will you toss up a Github link?

Edit: See LICENSE at the bottom (as I've had my site's source up as AGPLv3 for quite awhile now):

https://github.com/ahungry/com.ahungry
Its not and exact copy, will alter code to be in compliance. ALL backend is php if you would like a personal copy.
Last edited by p99auct; 03-18-2018 at 10:02 PM..
Old 03-18-2018, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq...cePostedPublic

You can't modify and make the GPL clause disappear, as it as a derivative work (unless you try again, ie, start from scratch).

Also - it is very clearly a copy and paste - if not conforming to the terms of the license (AGPLv3) then it's just copyright infringement.

It's not much to ask that sites like this open source their code anyways.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:13 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq...cePostedPublic

You can't modify and make the GPL clause disappear, as it as a derivative work (unless you try again, ie, start from scratch).

Also - it is very clearly a copy and paste - if not conforming to the terms of the license (AGPLv3) then it's just copyright infringement.

It's not much to ask that sites like this open source their code anyways.
sure i can post a github
Old 03-18-2018, 10:19 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks, and nice works!
Old 03-18-2018, 10:21 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Thanks, and nice works!
can you send me a chat handle or something in private. not to sure how to work with githubs
Old 03-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by p99auct [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not and exact copy, will alter code to be in compliance. ALL backend is php if you would like a personal copy.
This is beyond shady. Copying and pasting someone's GPL code, altering it for your own use, and then being resistant to making the code publicly available is at the very least copyright infringement which unless you live in some third world country is illegal.

Let's be honest here, you're likely not planning to do this out of the kindness of your heart and absorb the hosting costs which will grow as the site gains features and popularity.

Creating a site for public use based on code that isn't 100% your own creation from scratch and not making that code publicly available is asking for a lawsuit and/or criminal charges.

At the very least you should have contacted tristantio before stealing his code and attempting to use it in a way that violates AGPLv3.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Closed Thread