Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Question There Is So Much Dust, But Is It Life Threatening? (pics)

So I have gathered some samples the past week to illustrate. Bare in mind this is big-city dust, this isn't household dust. It contains everything that goes along with big-city contaminants, mostly rubber and silicone and brake pad material.

This is a building with 225 separate units. Within 25 feet in any direction, I have up to 6 units immediately above and below me in my vicinity with fully carpeted hallways throughout the building.

The bedrooms are fully carpeted with no plans to change that (noise reduction measure, but the rest of the units are hardwood and tile outside of that.)

Its simply not enough. And the hallways being carpeted to me, is a huge "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE" red flag. The square footage of carpeting in the building probably amounts to up to 80-90 units as far as square footage goes. Its A LOT of carpeting, and its permanently installed (No carpet change in 5 years that I have seen)

Windowsil, probably the most blackest dust. The windowsill sits in front of the central circulator.

Dust accumulation rate, unknown. Assumed to be high but no data.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A kitchen area countertop (top of microwave/fridge) buildup of dust in this area was noted to only take 5 days after a full wipe. (Not like the picture, but it will have NOTICABLE-TO-THE-EYE surface dust buildup after just 5-7 days)

Too much accumulation? Unhealthy?

Average object, all objects become covered with dust. Time frame unknown. Even high-use areas become covered in dust within a matter of weeks. Needless to say wiping off objects every week isn't exactly top priority for a young guy, I am not a housewife or a maid and I'm already not allocating enough time into the stuff I need to be doing.

I need air filter suggestions in the meantime as my health and allergies have been on the decline (busted red eyes every day, being harassed by police, asthma) which I never 3 years ago. Eczema and contact dermatitis, which I never had 3-4 years ago with no prior history of skin problems ever. Not even acne.

So I saw this one advertised on wired.com https://airmega.com/shop/

Its in the price range, but I just want to make sure I am getting the most bang for the buck. The review looked solid, but if anyone else has a filter they prefer or use (REGARDLESS OF COST) please provide some input here.

My nose is running as I type this. Help. Advise. Dictate.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 10-07-2016 at 04:13 PM..
Old 10-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

You guys probably want to see a picture of the vacuum container after 1 vacuum sweep huh? And the reason I demanded to know where I could obtain a vacuum that has a disposable bag.

Morbid curiosity anyone? I have a fresh canister I haven't emptied yet (because its legitimately unsafe to empty, I almost caught pneumonia last time I am pretty sure)

Old 10-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Banned

obamma a commie and your worried about this
Old 10-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

im dyin duke n trying to save my life here.

what I learned is that none of u guys live in the big city. its all suburban and faux-city dwellers on these forums, living in duplexs at best

If we go by the lack of input on dust abatement techniques and filter strategies on the last thread regarding this.

maybe when im dead n gone u will care.

Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 10-07-2016 at 04:35 PM..
Old 10-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Banned

Dust : can't live with it
Cannot live without it
Old 10-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

If you are published will you ever share your pen name with us? ^^
Old 10-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im dyin duke n trying to save my life here.

what I learned is that none of u guys live in the big city. its all suburban and faux-city dwellers on these forums, living in duplexs at best

If we go by the lack of input on dust abatement techniques and filter strategies on the last thread regarding this.

maybe when im dead n gone u will care.
i lived in the city until i learned to make the same amount remotely and never had dust problems. just vacuum semi regularly.

dont be a baboon and u wont find urself up a tree
Old 10-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe don't wear shoes inside either. I know dust on everything else is your concern, but don't imagine it helps tracking outside debris all over your floor :/ Looks like you wearing a boot in the first pic. Get slippers or an extra pair of socks to wear around the house if your feet cold ^^
Old 10-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i lived in the city until i learned to make the same amount remotely and never had dust problems. just vacuum semi regularly.

dont be a baboon and u wont find urself up a tree
knowledge god

Old 10-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe don't wear shoes inside either. I know dust on everything else is your concern, but don't imagine it helps tracking outside debris all over your floor :/ Looks like you wearing a boot in the first pic. Get slippers or an extra pair of socks to wear around the house if your feet cold ^^
lol yeah the ((((())))))'s won't let us keep floor mats outside the doors in the hallway. So we cant even wipe our feet. We track the garage pavement with the car parts directly into the carpets that haven't been changed in a decade.

If 0bama was really doing something helpful he would have legislated against carpeted hallways in public buildings, especially over 1 year nevermind 5+ years and running. That's how I know hes a huge loser. Where is the executive order? Bring home the bacon. We voted you in, and you just turn your back on us.

Some guy had a nice Welcome mat at the end of the hallway (No other units in the vicinity) and they made him get rid of it. Someone had a Welcome holiday wreath for Halloween spirit, and they made him get rid of it. No spirit allowed.

Closed Thread