Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...21&postcount=7

This post may help you understand.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same skill up % regardless of recipe or trivial. It doesn't matter if you're crafting the most expensive 300 trivial item possible or a trivial 30 sock that sells for two copper: as long as the combine's trivial > your skill you have the exact same (relatively small) chance.
Thank you for the feedback. I don't know with certainty to say you're wrong on this, but based on my experience trade skills at lower levels skilled up much more frequently than they seem to do now when I do combines in the 170s. Maybe I misunderstood your example?
Old 09-13-2017, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

I have been raising tailoring for about a year now I'm at 248. I would say a hundred combines at average 6 to 8, the worst I saw was 2 out of a hundred combines the best I got was 10.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perfect! This is what I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Kobold

Default Tradeskills

One final question from me. Sorry if this is a little thread jacking.

For tailoring, which recipe is the least expensive to chase skill ups at the high levels? Assuming you're needing to buy resources through EC tunnel? Is there one or two that stand out?
Old 09-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Banned

Don't do trade skills man it's a trap
Old 09-13-2017, 11:25 AM
Banned

Tradeskills - is this normal?

Nope, definitely not cool or normal.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't do trade skills man it's a trap
Bristlebane sends his regards. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2017, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzarCritS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for the feedback. I don't know with certainty to say you're wrong on this, but based on my experience trade skills at lower levels skilled up much more frequently than they seem to do now when I do combines in the 170s. Maybe I misunderstood your example?
Oh yes, sorry I said that poorly. I guess I should have prefaced what I said with "At any given skill level, ....". But yes it is most certainly easier to get skillup #2 than it is to get #200 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzarCritS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure he's wrong. You have much higher chance of raising skill on a successful combine than on a fail, therefore lower trivial items will result in more successful crafts and overall more skill ups. The only reason to grind on super high, relative to your skill, trivials is if the combine is simpler, cheaper, or otherwise easier to mass produce like if you had a glut of materials for it.

That's half of it. I believe the INT/WIS part comes in on likelihood to raise skill on a fail. Dalden had an amazing post awhile back detailing all this in much more detailed detail. But that's how I remember it.
Closed Thread