Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naerron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The quest line involves breaking the news to naggy and vox their child is dead, and then them hatching a plan to make another prismatic dragon baby.

At the end of this quest line there is a large event, similar to something like the ring war event at the end of the ring quest, but it would be to fight off dragons that are trying to stop naggy and voxx...
If Nagafen isn't humping Vox the entire duration of this ring-war style event, complete with dragon thrusting animations and a 10,000-hp direct damage 1,000-unit range PBAOE upon dragon climax, I'm not interested.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-13-2018, 08:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHoLyPoWeR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You quoted my shit but didn't read it I guess. Not once did I say I was against resetting ST. The message of both of my posts was just acceptance of whatever the dev's decide if you actually read them.(Which should probably be just about everyones sentiment considering not one of the dev's owes us anything, least of all these retired pixels everyones fiending about in this thread) Haha but nah I'm a gatekeeper, pixels are blinding your reading comprehension.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a Shroud of Longevity or Mask of Tinkering one day, but then it wouldn't be Everquest. A big part of Everquest's draw for me and I'm sure almost everyone elses (with or without realizing it) was the fact that there was always shit I wouldn't understand or would never be able to get, chasing the dragon or white whale if you will. Without that draw, it diminishes Everquest.

No idea why you are trying to explain non-classic shit to me like I wasnt there when the changes dropped so I'll give another example of my past. I bought a Burnt Wood Staff for 17k BEFORE Chardok AoE was even a thing. Been here awhile dudes, just saying.

So I'll end with this, regardless of what they do I'll be happy man, if you want my opinion, yes I'm leaning on the side of leaving things retired and I explained why but I wouldn't be hurt with either result. We are all here for the pixels.

Maybe us lucky bastards will get another chance on Green one day regardless. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Possibru i'm sleep deprived
Old 12-13-2018, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Nagafen isn't humping Vox the entire duration of this ring-war style event, complete with dragon thrusting animations and a 10,000-hp direct damage 1,000-unit range PBAOE upon dragon climax, I'm not interested.
Same here
Old 12-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best post 2018
Old 12-13-2018, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best post 2018
I've had better.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:17 AM
Aviak

I've seen/farmed warders on other servers - SoD's and lungis and stuff are nice but, the classic thing to do is leave em dead.

I want em sure, but - it'd piss a lot of people off - I don't think it'd do anything but help the server (more competition for better items) but, depends on the mechanics of their respawn.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

You will forever be #2 just let it go man
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the classic thing to do is leave em dead.
Yes, but ... the classic thing was also to have a new expansion with better loot less than a year after Velious's release. P99 is deliberately un-classic in that regard.

So while I'm 100% in support of this server's classic mission on everything that isn't permanent, the word "permanent" means something VERY different here than it did on live. Instead of "permanent" = < 1 year, "permanent" here actually means permanent (forever).

This is why I believe the most classic thing possible ... ESPECIALLY since the explicit purpose of this server is to let people play (or replay) what they missed (or want to relive) from back in 99-01 ... would be for the Sleeper to be re-awakenable here (perhaps once a year).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you know management will never let this happen why even waste your time with this thread? Is it like the luclin threads where they had to actually come out and say it will never happen? So now we just quote Haynar. Or are you just fantasizing?
I don't really care if they do it or not, but its not the same thing as Luclin at all.

They've said repeatedly (and very recently) that they will release custom content. It would make sense to release something where a lot of the leg work is already done (i.e. the zone and mobs are already created) and the theme of the most recent xpac, Velious, is still going. I don't think its at all crazy to think the custom content would involve some version of an ST reset.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Maybe the warders are still in game and just have just a 5 year respawn time... Did you ever think.of that!?

Get out those socks, line em up and sell all your razors!!