Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Aviak

Question monk - epic or fungi?

Currently I'm level 42, unguilded, wielding ada/sos with schw for haste, with 30k saved up so far.

My original goal was to get a fungi vest, since I solo a lot more than I group. However some folks in-game are saying getting MQ for my epic (specifically fangs) would be better use of the money, particularly as 50+ will mandate grouping.

I am aware eventually I'll want both, but is there anyone out there who had to pick between these two while leveling and if so what did you choose and did you regret it afterwards?
Old 10-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

That depends.

Your level 42, it's pretty insane that you have 30k saved up if that's your main. How long is it going to take you to farm up the 10-13k to have enough to buy the fungi?

Demon fangs, last time i checked, was around 30k. How far are you along in your epic quest? Because a RotWF MQ is 20k usually.

Are you iksar?

If it were me, i'd get a fungi, level to low 50s, and sell it to get the MQ. If i were you, i'd buy a fungi, complete the robe part of the epic by yourself, sell fungi, use 30k of that for the demon fangs MQ, and the rest to buy a sash of the dragonborn, and then resist gear so that you can get into a decent guild.

Feel free to msg me if you need any additional help!
Old 10-20-2017, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, change your mindset so that items are basically rentals. IF you spend the 40-45k on a fungi, you still have 45k. IF you buy epic MQ, you have an epic (but out the money). There was a similar thread before about a shammy asking if JBB / iksar regen was better or go straight for fungi. THe answer would be to buy things piece by piece (iksar regen, jbb) then sell both for a fungi.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:06 AM
Banned

I've seen demon fangs MQ for as low as 15k in the ec tunnel forum. Buy that but don't pay over 20k max.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Banned

I have RoTWf that I will sell to you for cheap if you need one.

Both items are game changing for a monk. Epic give you way better damage and 40% self haste clicker. So if you have a CoF you can self haste to 76%.

Fungi regen can not be underestimated while leveling and even at 60 - for any kind of solo operation Fungi is damn near essential (its like trying to watch non HD TV after knowing HD TV). Fungi is certainly worth the money.

You cant really go wrong with either option but you have pretty good weapons already and I think you would get more mileage from the Fungi.

Plus there is really nothing to do on P99 once you max out so I would quest your epic yourself. The pipes may be a pain since Chardok isn't perma AOE'd these days. Some parts will take you awhile but eventually you can get it done and it will be much more rewarding... you will need a few friends so join a guild.
Last edited by Spyder73; 10-20-2017 at 11:37 AM..
Old 10-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen demon fangs MQ for as low as 15k in the ec tunnel forum. Buy that but don't pay over 20k max.
Im surprised to see them that low. If you can get one for that price I'd say epic for sure.

Fungi will be a lot better for soloing for experience though in my experience, coming from someone who sold their fungi to buy an epic mq.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like market manipulation to me, I sold them 40k (35 when wanting to move) few months back. But for sure if someone is willing to sell that low buy it. I just don't believe it.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Go with your epic. The stats+resists+haste. It's a better package deal.
More bang for your buck.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:33 PM
Banned

All within the last month.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Epic definitely. Then Fungi.
Closed Thread