Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 08:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blood point would be a better poison proc option, but will run ya close to 2k. Silken whip of ensnaring will get ya agro too but just like the WESS not sure the root aspect is something u want to deal with...
Blood point is lifetap proc not poison and silken whip is snare not root proc nor does WESS have a root proc aspect for clarification. Focus on white damage till 40's, fast ratio in primary and get haste item immediately. FBSS or CoF if you can afford it.
Last edited by smitho1984; 08-22-2018 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: i did better
Old 08-22-2018, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Infestation + any relevant offhand weapon with a proc will get the job done. Even with 14/28 snare whip offhand you have enough white damage threat to hold you over until you score a proc. Unless Lady Luck hates you, with 200+ dex you should see your first proc in the first 20 seconds. I favor infestation and FB most of the time as 9/18 and 12/22 are solid ratios. I will bust out the WESS on longer/bigger fights if I know there are trigger-happy nukers ready to unload. To be honest though the difference in white threat between 12/22 and 11/23 for your offhand is fairly minimal. The proc on FB has a DD and ac debuff though which nets quite a bit more damage output. The ac debuff makes all melee damage from all sources a bit more effective.

I've done about 8 scout charisa fights on my Druid so far. The most solid aggro I've seen for this fight was a 57 warrior with WESS primary FB offhand. He scored a WESS proc in the first 2-3 seconds. As soon as I saw that proc Fire I unloaded with chain nukes @ 1024 a pop. 9 nukes later boss was dead and I didn't peel aggro. I've not been able to unload like this on any other run without ganking aggro, including a few fights with 60 pal vs sk tanking.

Procs are the meat and potatoes of warrior threat but a bad run of luck can leave you high and dry.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 08-22-2018 at 08:53 AM..
Old 08-22-2018, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

The real question is why weapon procs aren't capped at 400 hate like they should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by February 21, 2001 3:00 am
--- We reduced the amount of hate that can be caused by a proc. Due to
the high proc rates at upper levels, the amount of hate generated from
procs, and the spells that were selected for those procs, made keeping
the attention of the creature much too easy a task for the tank.
Simply, it nearly eliminated the challenge of keeping a foes attention
at levels above 50.
<3 Abashi's 3rd grade grammar.

This should also substantially nerf mallets, puppet strings, and the bio orb as well.
Last edited by Raev; 08-22-2018 at 05:51 PM..
Old 08-22-2018, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx
with 200+ dex you should see your first proc in the first 20 seconds.
With 255 dex and two proccing weapons, you have a 50% chance of a proc with 14s, a 75% chance of a proc within 27s, a 90% chance of a proc within 45s, and a 95% chance of a proc within 58s. It's subjective, but in my opinion it's quite easy to go long periods without proccing, and god forbid you don't have a shaman around for 255 dex. This is why the bio orb is so powerful.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:18 PM
Kobold

What would be a good MH OH for a new warrior I don't have much more than 3k for weapons. I don't have a haste as of yet.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would be a good MH OH for a new warrior I don't have much more than 3k for weapons. I don't have a haste as of yet.
Buy a Wess and scorpiks impaler. Save up 1k for schw
Old 08-27-2018, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2x Wakizashi of the Frozen SKies

You will thank me at level 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Thank you both for the help. So I should focus on getting proc weapons early on to tank?
Old 08-30-2018, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Thank you both for the help. So I should focus on getting proc weapons early on to tank?
For what it's worth, when I leveled my warrior (Kunark era), I didn't bother using weapon processes to hold aggro until I could proc Ykesha at the minimum. Even then, if you can make it to 46, you can focus on weapon procs as the mobs are tougher and will take longer to kill by a group.

Part of the reason I went this route is that mobs die so quickly at lower levels and procs are so sporadic. I figured I was better off dps'ing with my staff of battle, dual lammies, or jade mace / fist of zek while letting the fungi IFS monk tank in between roots. Warriors are pretty terrible 40 through 50 in my opinion (because the skill caps). However after that they get considerably stronger with each level. I was always jealous of my monk pal Raev tanking just as well as me and doing more damage while holding aggro non-stop!

That being said, I'm sure there are even better dps options with nice damage procs now that Velious is out.

TLDR; it's kinda silly to wield a bad proc'ing ratio weapon on a trash exp mob for aggro purposes when its going to die in 15-20 seconds. If it's that important you tank, just ask for the mob to be rooted.

-Merimac McLanis
Last edited by Snagglepuss; 08-30-2018 at 10:24 AM..
Closed Thread