Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 12:04 PM
Aviak

Default Enchanter solo Goblin invis ring

Hello,

I have had my eye on this Goblin invis ring for a minute now and was wondering what the best way I can do these as an enchanter.

I am currently following direction from https://wiki.project1999.com/A_sarnak_courier.

However, I do not have any ae nuke abilities. What's the best way for me to effectively use their method of gathering mobs and killing them once I reach the proper level? Just use summoned pet once all gathered?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

If you're high enough level to cast it, Zumaik's animation is pretty effective
Old 12-06-2018, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

I have had my eye on this Goblin invis ring for a minute now and was wondering what the best way I can do these as an enchanter.

I am currently following direction from https://wiki.project1999.com/A_sarnak_courier.

However, I do not have any ae nuke abilities. What's the best way for me to effectively use their method of gathering mobs and killing them once I reach the proper level? Just use summoned pet once all gathered?

Thanks in advance
What level are you? There are many wandering mobs in the area that will agro you, even at higher levels. What level are you now?
Old 12-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you? There are many wandering mobs in the area that will agro you, even at higher levels. What level are you now?
From his recent posts it looks like he just got Breeze a few days ago. So probably fairly low.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

There's a tension in EQ between leveling to where you can acquire loot, and wanting loot to help you level. The correct answer is almost always to focus on leveling first, but for certain key class-defining items (like the goblin ring for enchanters) it's not so simple.

I literally just did the ring a couple nights ago, and the long and the short of it is that you need two things for that camp. First, you need a good amount of consistent (ie. melee) damage, which means either being a melee character or having a (not charmed) pet. Second, you need a way to clear a bunch of mobs at once to get started (unless you're a bard/druid/wizard this will likely just mean running around and grabbing a bunch then beating them down one at a time).

If you're not high enough level you simply can't do the camp. But there are other options. For one thing, you can do a single spawn point (instead of the double spawn points mentioned in the wiki) with less melee damage, so if you're high enough you might be able to do that. Another possibility is to duo with a melee. And a third option is to do something else to earn plat, and earn enough to buy a ring (the treasure hunting guide link in my signature can probably help if you want to go that route).

The problem with any of those is that they'll take awhile, so you have to question "am I better off spending all that time to get the ring, or am I better off using self-cast invis to break charm until I get higher level?"

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:32 PM
Banned

None of this sounds accurate at all.
1) I didn't get a goblin Gazughi ring til about lvl 50 and did it without any difficulty and in a small amount of time.
2 ) - If you dont want to gather all the mobs up. Just stand at the spawn location and wait til it paths back to around its spawn point. Kill all the random ones that spawn in the area til you see one spawn on that one specific loc.
3 ) After 108+ sarnak couriers later i did not have a ring to drop (30 hours neckbearding it)
4 ) - Time could be better spent leveling without it if youre below 40
5 ) - Time could be spent better farming other shit to just buy the ring.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Ive spent at least 20 hours trying to get a ring (using the double PH system) and have seen a few couriers, but no ring at all yet.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) I didn't get a goblin Gazughi ring til about lvl 50 and did it without any difficulty and in a small amount of time.
But it seems pretty clear OP isn't that high level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 ) - If you dont want to gather all the mobs up. Just stand at the spawn location and wait til it paths back to around its spawn point. Kill all the random ones that spawn in the area til you see one spawn on that one specific loc.
I'm honestly not even certain they all do path back, but even if they do it takes so long that it's much faster to just run around and kill all of the appropriate mobs.

Quote:
3 ) After 108+ sarnak couriers later i did not have a ring to drop (30 hours neckbearding it)
Wow, that sucks. I've hard varying luck over the years, but when I did it the other night it was Sarnak Courier #4 who dropped my ring (after maybe 4-5 hours). The RNG is a bitch.

(Don't get jealous BTW; before that I spent 25+ hours on a camp for my Druid's epic that should have only taken an hour or two. Again, the RNG is a bitch).

Quote:
Well, as I said, it's not that simple. OP just got Breeze, so let's say he's 16. Farming stuff at 16 will probably take forever, so let's say he levels up to 24 and starts farming (say) Shiny Brass Idols.
He'll need about 9 to make enough plat to buy the ring. To farm that many Shiny Brass Idols will take, I dunno, maybe 3 hours each? So 27 hours (maybe round up to 30 to account for EC Tunnel time).

By doing that, OP will have the ring from 24 to 50. That is going to save him a lot of XPing time. Will it be 30 hours worth? I'm not sure: does the ring save you about an hour a level on average?

And of course they could also just get to a level to where they could farm the ring, but who knows how long that would take? What I do know is, it's hardly clear cut that the most efficient plan is to wait until 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive spent at least 20 hours trying to get a ring (using the double PH system) and have seen a few couriers, but no ring at all yet.
This is the real kicker. Because the RNG is (as I said), "a bitch", the camp could take anywhere from 2 to 200 hours just based on your luck. That makes it extremely difficult to decide whether its worth spending the time to farm yourself, because no on can predict the RNG.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-06-2018 at 03:59 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
None of this sounds accurate at all.
exactly this ^^^

sometimes you might get a ring in 1 hour other times you can spend your entire p99 career and that camp and not get it
Last edited by coki; 12-06-2018 at 04:13 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

the goblin camp can be a pita...i would skip it and buy the ring with money you make as you level.

to give you an idea, i have frequently camped the courier with my 60 necro...essentially flopped FD and using my pet to kill (I basically find a ph spot and tab/pet attack) takes zero effort other than not falling asleep...when I need a break I usually run the ph to the lake and root it while I stretch my legs to keep it from wandering off.

I average about 1 ring every 6 hours at the camp killing a single ph...it would be faster to keep two PHs down, but for such a long camp it would take considerably more effort for my play style. I have spent 15 hours there without a single ring...I have gotten two goblin rings in an hour --- the ring happens to not be lore. It is a huge RNG camp...if you get lucky you can do very well.

Bottom line: it isn't a fun camp. the market price of the ring compared to the time it takes to farm one makes it questionable if its a good use of time...it really depends on luck. the one ace about this camp is that it is very low level...anyone can hold it and camp themselves up some plat. If I were new to the server and I needed to make some plat to get rolling I would consider this camp a good starter.

There are more fun camps and more profitable camps...unless you actually derive satisfaction from farming your gear yourself (there are players that insist on this) I'd probably skip it.
Closed Thread