Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric should get a paladin as a pet. Remove paladins as a player class.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Short answer: no. The “class balance” is the same reasoning live used and what it became over time. Having my character become useless due to balance was no fun.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These arent changes I want implemented on this server, but I was curious what you thought about class changes to balance things out.

Heres what I would do do even the playing field:
  • Bard - Reduce PBAOE songs range to 15
  • Cleric - Nothing
  • Druid - Remove group port spells
  • Enchanter - Charm is too powerful- increase chance of break
  • Magician - increase mana required by all spells
  • Monk - remove Mend
  • Necro - reduce pet damage and remove feign death
  • Paladin -nothing
  • Ranger - increase melee damage, minor innate regen and mana regen
  • Rogue - add feign death
  • Shad. Knight - nothing
  • Shaman - nothing
  • Warrior - innate regen and 10hp per Stamina. Dual wield at level, add mend
  • Wizard - increase efficiency of DD spells, Only class that can port

What do you think?
Don’t warriors already get 10 HP per stamina at max level ?

Otherwise... thoughts on ...
Wizard - meh, already really efficient. If anything, increase the damage, which would make it more efficient anyway. Or give them increased chance to crit.

Enchanter - Charm : keep chance for break, reduce duration and add recast timer that exceeds duration by atleast a few minutes. I’d love to see the animation function more like a swarm pet instead of a static one, amp it’s damage and make it poof once combat is exited. Another idea might be to reduce the enchanters spell casting ability while maintains a charm.

Warrior / Monk :
I don’t think Regen fits thematically with the warrior, but could with the monk. I’d say swap mend over to the warrior and give the monk the Regen bonus. Would also end up balancing out human vs Iksar on that front too.

Necro :
Pet dmg isn’t that great as it is. I recall being grouped with a similar level enchanter once in high keep whose animation pet was out damaging mine. If you degreased pet damage then you would absolutely need to reduce dot duration timers.

Magician :
A better approach might be to significantly reduce pet stats. Make them die more often or give them a chance to go berserk / hostile. Magda sit too comfortably once they have their max level pet summoned and decked out. Summoned elementals should be volatile and taxing to control.

Rogue :
Skip feign death, but add a mem blur ability or some other way to reduce aggro. Second, give them a stun ability that is only application from the front of the target. This would increase their soloing potential, without boosting their group play too much, as most of their time would be behind the target anyway.

I don’t know enough about the other classes to comment, but this is where I’d start for the ones above.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WoW is for balance.

With that said a couple classes in this era are so broken as to be useless, my suggestions:

Druid - Nature's Touch heals for 1.2k damage (i couldn't figure out why it didn't to begin with except a zealous obsession with keeping every druid heal below any cleric heal).
Druid - a level 60 30 hp/tick regen.

Wizard - Sunstrike is a -300 fire lure
Wizard - Ice Spear of Solist is a -300 frost lure with no recast time.
Wizard - Banes require no reagent.
Whoa these are great.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magician :
A better approach might be to significantly reduce pet stats. Make them die more often or give them a chance to go berserk / hostile. Magda sit too comfortably once they have their max level pet summoned and decked out. Summoned elementals should be volatile and taxing to control.
Reading the 2 suggestions about MAG in this thread, it's almost as if Magicians have uber pets that can solo dark blue con mobs while their master is afk and will only stand to loot mobs. You might think of lower level mobs that kill themselves on fire pet DS, but again, that pet has very low hps. 2 blues vs a fire pet and you can kiss your pet goodbye. There's no such thing as a MAG chain pulling db mobs for hours to get phat loot & xp without a moment to med/ heal. MAg pets hit for less than half as hard as the mobs they're fighting for their master. How OP is that ?:

[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Decayed soldier hits YOU for 140 points of damage.
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Decayed soldier tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Jenekn pierces decayed soldier for 56 points of damage.
[Tue Apr 21 02:07:53 2020] Jenekn pierces decayed soldier for 32 points of damage.

Curious to know what you think a "fully decked out" pet is ? Best I can do is:
speed buff,
haste,
DS,
give it a proccing/ 2 handed weapon (but unlike enchanter charmed pets, you cannot get back anything that you give your pet),
pieces of trash armour to improve its AC,
no hp buff, no stat buffs, no regen, no fancy ability for a pet that will be between 5-9 levels below mine

Though RP wise an elemental that gets out of control sounds nice (critical failure on summoning may be ?), you're suggesting that a magician's only means of defense -except Gate- is to be a random duration charmed creature ?

As to the OP suggestion:

You obviously have not played a mage for long/ at all

Debuffs cost a lot of mana more so when you get resists,
nukes cost a lot of mana,
summoning pets cost a hell lot of mana (200 / 300 mana),
in the long run pets buffs also cost a ton of mana since they are very short duration (unless you have Velious clicky),
summoned items cost a lot too.

Mages get the short end of the stick in already enough departments as it is without adding another one. Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2020, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of this is going to happen, so what is the point?
I’ve been saying this for years. The short answer is they just like to talk about stuff that’s literally never going to happen.

Hope this helps.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:26 AM
VIP / Contributor

-Remove charm from all classes capable of using charm.
-Give all casters a weapon-based autoattack.
-Give all melee more abilities to use besides one spammable attack.

There, you've balanced EQ.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 04-29-2020, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Remove charm from all classes capable of using charm.
-Give all casters a weapon-based autoattack.
-Give all melee more abilities to use besides one spammable attack.

There, you've balanced EQ.
Probably would do that if they ever port EQ to UE or Unity.

"Dude, watch me kill this group of orcs with the awesome button. Then I will parkour over to my minecraft house to do survival crafting"
Old 04-30-2020, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of this is going to happen, so what is the point?
bro go just a touch deeper.
we're all gonna die so literally anything and everything you do, what's the point?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 04-30-2020, 06:33 PM
Banned

Point is. Now that I thought about it some. Right now. In this moment. I know I am right and can make EQ perfect.

Then die.

But I won't. Make EQ perfect.
Closed Thread