Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 05:03 AM
Large Rat

Default New player, 0 Plat. Which class can get me to 60 the fastest?

Some friends of mine who already play on the server have convinced me to give p99 a shot. Since they're level 60 already, I want to get up to 55+ as soon as possible so I can start grouping and playing with them. I have zero plat, and told my friends I didn't want any free items or power leveling because I wanted to not only experience the server fresh, but also to see how well I can do for myself by the time I hit 60.

I have many different playstyles in MMOs, sometimes a healer, sometimes a caster, sometimes melee dps etc. so I don't have a preference one way or the other. I'm down to play just about anything, so long as I can make it work with absolutely zero cash and preferably in a quick time line.

Considering those things, which class would you guys suggest I make to start off as my first character on the server to get to level 60 with, as quickly as possible, with zero money for items, spells, weapons etc.?

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Enchanter. Can be a boss even with shitty or sub par gear charming your way to 60
Old 11-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant49333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter. Can be a boss even with shitty or sub par gear charming your way to 60
second this. my enchanter is capable of getting huge amounts of xp in any solo or duo session and he's entirely untwinked.

shaman's a close second if you can find a monk buddy. don't need much gear here also.

both classes are capable of soloing / duoing some very good items / cash as they go up in levels.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Consider druid, necro, enchanter, mage, or cleric. The first four can make their own money and dont require as much gear, the last option (cleric) is not as gear dependent as other classes and people are always looking for clerics to group with.

Avoid any melee class other than possibly monk, also avoid wizard. Avoid shaman too because they are very powerful but are the most expensive casting class to gear out if you want all the toys.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Avoid shaman too because they are very powerful but are the most expensive casting class to gear out if you want all the toys.
the flip side of this is that the expensive stuff doesn't really kick in until 60 (torpor). you can get a JBB earlier but it isn't vital and the price on that has been dropping anyway.

still a great easy class to go from 1-60 with. worry about the top end stuff after imo.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

I think cleric. you basically can enjoy the most relaxing class to play in a group. You are useful, and needed... and require not so much gear to be effective. Just sit on your ass, pop up heal someone, then sit on your ass. Doesn't get much easier.

Enchanter is powerful solo and also requires little gears to be effective. Necro and mage also have this capability too, both having pets and being very self sufficient.

Basically avoid pure melee classes, they require more gear and money to be effective in groups. Ungeared melee can't hide their gimpiness, whereas a ungeared caster or cleric can manage to still be quite helpful in a group.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Don't know how nobody has suggested the most obvious answer yet, but I'll suggest bard as the fastest to level and least gear dependent class there is. Amirite?
Old 11-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amirite?
Technically, but I don't think that's what he's looking for. I would suggest druid. Easy to get around and explore, can group or solo many different ways. It's a great way to experience classic EQ.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric will get you there, but will you continue to enjoy healing, healing and healing? A lot of clerics burn out by the time they get to raiding.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technically, but I don't think that's what he's looking for. I would suggest druid. Easy to get around and explore, can group or solo many different ways. It's a great way to experience classic EQ.
True.

Druids also are very self sufficient, as a druid you never got to beg for a port for a CR, or to get to that awesome dungeon you want to group at.

Well, porting to a dungeon to group might be a bit of a stretch, but it's still a possibility.
Closed Thread