Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 07:12 AM
Kobold

Default PSA: Shamsade <Dawn Believers> is an EC scammer

Asked (on his Shamsade character) to borrow an Ikky BP to see what it looks like. Offered to let me hold Crystal Chitin legs meanwhile (worth less than half the price of BP). I accepted - did it many many times and people are just honest on P99 I guess. I did it many times even without people letting him hold anything in exchange. I just trust people and never had an issue.

He logged his EC character "Shadowmeal", we did the trade, he insta camped and is back to his Shamsade character exp'ing now. Ignores all tells, even from his guildies apparently.

Petition filed with screenshots and what not.

Do not deal with Shamsade or Shadowmeal - he is a scammer.

Thank you for your attention.

PS: before someone starts drooling about how EC resellers such as myself deserve being scammed - no, we do not deserve being scammed. I resell for profit, sometimes for a lot of profit. It is a lot of hard work and is nowhere near as profitable as just farming. I never scam or lie, my business is honest and I do it because it is fun and rewarding.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Banned

Shamsade trying doing the same thing to me today too. Asked to "try on a JBB" to see what the graphic looks like before he buys it. I started getting a bad feeling about it as soon as he left mistmoore, threw on /anon and prob had about.. 300pp of gear total on him. Said he would let me borrow his like.. iono.. crystal chitin shield or something. I declined. He left.. /petitoned a gm and i got a tell randomly while i was afk ( Not sure if it was a GM or not ) but the tell said
" dont give him the JBB "
" i cannot verify that he doesn't have the pp on a different account. however, i can assure you that it isn't coming from the one he is logged into."
Anyways.. Sucks it happened to you sprawlz, but hey.. Better you then someoen who actually grinds in dungeons for their plat ya know? Heh.
Thanks for the post sprawlz. I hope they ban this guy.
To everyone else.. Shamsade is a 30s shaman in the guild <Dawn Believer>
Old 03-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Kobold

Yes the few k I lost there aren't a big deal to me. If this happened to a legit noob whose BP was all he had of value and saved for it for months... that would suck so much more.

Might be worth checking how he got these CC legs though (GM: the ones in my inventory) and/or what is/are his bigger characters. A 30ish shaman cannot farm these legs even in a group.

Let's make EC great again and boot this scammer out of P99.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Banned

Agreed.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

No matter what you feel about re-sellers. Shit's classic.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:01 AM
Kobold

I'd like to point out that the <Dawn Believers> guild is obviously not the target of my post and I'm sure these folks have nothing to do with the scammer.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

edit: I posted in the wrong thread
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 03-02-2017 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: woops
Old 03-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Aviak

Allio here, leader of the Dawn Believers.

I wrote on the other post about how thieves are unacceptable on p99 (or anywhere, let's be real). But just wanted to say again that he's been removed from my guild and won't ever come back.

I hope he's banned for life, tbh.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Banned

Dawn Believers needs to be a little more selective in recruiting. Unfortunately I have come across more than a few of them who left a bad impression.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dawn Believers needs to be a little more selective in recruiting. Unfortunately I have come across more than a few of them who left a bad impression.
What are you supposed to do, run a P99 background check on every recruit? No, you just add people and hope they don't act like idiots with your guildtag.
Closed Thread