Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-20-2020, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

Might want to be careful what you wish for, if the change here involves a fix for channeling. I've seen it proposed before that channeling just works too well on P99, if they were to nerf it for both PC's and NPC's then charm reliability would take a massive hit as well as some other aspects like your healers being more susceptible to interrupt.

Not sure anyone has evidence for it anyway though.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Channeling is very probably overpowered on p99, I'm still gathering proof on that.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

6-18 players in places like hate, kael arena OR 4-6 player groups in places like seb, cdok should not be cripplingly reliant upon mana drain to prevent what often results in full wipes; short of killing every mob on its bind.

In classic not every group had an a stun, and not every group fighting stun immune mobs had an enc to drain to completely oom. There should be at least some reasonable possibility to interrupt mobs gating to emulate a classic experience.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6-18 players in places like hate, kael arena OR 4-6 player groups in places like seb, cdok should not be cripplingly reliant upon mana drain to prevent what often results in full wipes; short of killing every mob on its bind.

In classic not every group had an a stun, and not every group fighting stun immune mobs had an enc to drain to completely oom. There should be at least some reasonable possibility to interrupt mobs gating to emulate a classic experience.
I hear that a Thunderkick chain will interrupt mobs.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Bump. I think we deserve some kind of dev comment here - this bug is well over a year old, now. . .

Is this "Working as intended" despite not being classic?

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

When they changed this was there any proof even posted or did they just say "Hey TAKP did it so it must be right"? Cause Ive never seen proof of this and on top of that I remember vividly pushing mobs to interrupt them on live.

This shouldnt even be a question but for some reason Haynar implemented it on TAKP so now it has to be here.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Heres a few posts with evidence push did exist. One is from our own EQEmulator forums. There were no patch notes or changes to push that can be found anywhere.

https://www.graffes.com/forums/showt...886#post115886

Quote:
There are spells with knockback, if you have Xuzl, he also has a pretty good knockback effect. The problem you will have is you (singly) can't move it enough to prevent gating.

You're better off getting your guild to work on positioning, and mana draining, Main Tank in front of mob, all others behind pushing it round the room. Chanters, and high lvl bards suck the mana out to stop the mob gating.

Wizzies should concentrate on nuking in ToV.
Quote:
Depending on what it is Telekin (ok not yet there but anyway) might do the trick, but guild push tanking should be the main interrupt, and manadraining would be nice, in a longhish fight a bard can eazely drain all its mana while twisting all his other songs.

Practice youll get better P )
Quote:
The most effective way to stop gater is still melee pushing. Just have to get your melees face the target on the same side to push it. Xuzl type pet (mage elementals, cleric hammers, etc.) also works very well.
https://www.oocities.org/xymarra/Str...rStrategy.html

Quote:
Mana sieve is most important when fighting healers. If a dragon casts Complete Heal on itself during a battle, that battle is most likely lost. Stuns will not interrupt casters over level 55 or giants of any level, so mana deprivation is our only really viable technique. Some creatures can be pushed around by the melée fighters, causing all spells to be interrupted, but sieve can be more reliable. Mana stealing spells generate very little aggro, so you should be able to start stealing mana early in the fight without being slain instantly.
Heres one from the very Emulator we use"
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40405

Quote:
That's the logic there. Note that "Mob" inherits all things. Meaning, disabling melee push here would result in *nothing* being pushed, PCs, pets, NPCs, *everything*.

This would mean, short of actual stuns or bash attacks, nobody will ever get interrupted while casting (movement is the sole cause of interrupting PCs/NPCs beyond genuine stuns). You could therefore situationally disable melee push for just NPCs or just PCs or whatever.

Disabling melee push on NPCs will make the game harder (with melee push, you have a shot at causing melee push to interrupt that NPC's Complete Heal cast. Without, all NPC spells guaranteed will succeed without a genuine stun/bash effect). You can do this by setting the rule MeleePushChance to 0, per the above code.

Disabling melee push on PCs will make the game easier (same reason, impossible to be interrupted now unless something genuinely stuns you with spell or bash). You would set the rule MeleePush to false to disable melee push wholesale for everything.
If nothing, this all proves that melee push should at least have a chance to interrupt. Here it has 0 chance. This is not right and easily proven by 10 minutes and a google search.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:04 AM
Banned

These posts imply that bard mana drain should also be unresistable in line with the enchanter line to help drain raid targets. Would make sense and be nice.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Wait a second, are we really arguing whether or not pushing an NPC used to interrupt its casting back on live?

Everyone who played EQ back on live knew that and witnessed it first hand. I'm not even sure why this is being discussed. "Walking" caster raid mobs around by having everyone push from behind and the tank directing it was done by all or most guilds to prevent CH's, gates and such. Pure melee mobs were often pinned by having the tank in a corner where possible.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Channeling is very probably overpowered on p99, I'm still gathering proof on that.
I beg to differ. Caster mobs' channeling is unbeatable,. As several people have already pointed, try and interrupt a Protector of Zek of any Adjudant in Kael from CHing himself... but I could not count how many times I've been interrupted on a caster / priest with maxed Channeling even by mobs than con green and are 15-20 levels below mine