Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-17-2021, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s more to mean that most of America isn’t willing to die doing their job

Police die horribly quite a bit more often than, say, an accountant

It’s more calling America cowards. And I agree
the Chapo sub taught me to say "but what about garbage/sanitation workers?" in response to this claim, but I don't know if it's true. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2021, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah yes, America. A nondescript land of shut-ins, having no conflicts or controversial events to speak of.
Hey, I’m not dissing America. I think we’re the best country in the world. And I’m not dissing its people specifically, because the concept of self-preservation that makes someone tend to avoid jobs with some of the highest risk of horrible death is constant pretty much everywhere
Old 10-17-2021, 10:17 PM
Banned

I’ve had a few close calls in my job. I’m going into some of the poorest ghettos in my state

And for some reason some people see a person in business casual clothes, a name badge, and a chart and think they’re caseworkers there to take someone’s kid. And then you can’t explain WHY you are there because it’s HIPAA. So I been chased (like jogging) out of an apartment complex by a few furious intoxicated people. Just one example

Still consider myself a coward when compared to a cop. But maybe my standards are just weird
Old 10-17-2021, 10:26 PM
Banned

dangerous-jobs-1.jpg

Things happen to cops and I respect that they have to be careful when they interact with me and others.

But the tone about how they are in such mortal danger all the time has contributed to a whole lot of unnecessary force.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attachment 16015

Things happen to cops and I respect that they have to be careful when they interact with me and others.

But the tone about how they are in such mortal danger all the time has contributed to a whole lot of unnecessary force.
What can also influence the perception of safety is the nature of the past deaths

I haven’t looked into how all these other occupational deaths occur, but I’m guessing a good chunk might be due to personal error due to things like OHSA safety regulations

Only thinking of myself here, I am more frightened by a job where no matter how careful I am and following the safety guidelines, a revolver can be leveled at my face in 2 seconds and it’s lights out

Now again, if all these other occupational deaths are similar in nature then I’d be more worried about those
Old 10-17-2021, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2021

check out those covid deaths.

some people are just too brave/stupid to see it apparently.

ps. https://www.odmp.org/search?state=Te...20&filter=nok9
Old 10-17-2021, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2021

check out those covid deaths.

some people are just too brave/stupid to see it apparently.

ps. https://www.odmp.org/search?state=Te...20&filter=nok9
All the officer deaths I’m seeing due to covid were deaths before a covid vaccine existed

Not sure if you were making a statement that the died because they weren’t vaxx’ed

Ya in regards to putting yourself out there in 2020 to catch covid, I worked 40 hours/week every week straight through 2020 (other than the 2 weeks I was out with COVID) going into people’s homes, going into hospitals, etc. No vaxx existed back then

I got the vaxx now, but this is how it sometimes feels to be a healthcare worker who was un-vaxxed, depending on the year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F5D51B27-2800-4877-B203-99582846C5B1.jpg (22.2 KB, 1 views)
Last edited by unsunghero; 10-17-2021 at 11:44 PM..
Old 10-17-2021, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Being a Pureblood is still awesome
Old 10-18-2021, 12:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All the officer deaths I’m seeing due to covid were deaths before a covid vaccine existed

Not sure if you were making a statement that the died because they weren’t vaxx’ed

Ya in regards to putting yourself out there in 2020 to catch covid, I worked 40 hours/week every week straight through 2020 (other than the 2 weeks I was out with COVID) going into people’s homes, going into hospitals, etc. No vaxx existed back then

I got the vaxx now, but this is how it sometimes feels to be a healthcare worker who was un-vaxxed, depending on the year

2021: https://www.odmp.org/search?cause=CO...21&filter=nok9

I don't know if they were vaccinated. Probably not, it is Texas.

Ya well that is the point. You were as brave as a cop in retrospect.

Elon Musk seemed to have brought his aspergers with him to dumb fuck texas - so I bet those numbers will rise in favor of Boss bois everywhere needing front line workers to maintain their mushroom dick sucking vacations to islands with soft lips.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being a Pureblood is still awesome

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]