Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 02:34 AM
Skeleton

Default What would Gandhi propose?

The greatness of a [server] can be judged by the way its [casual guilds] are treated.
- Mahatma Gandhi
  • T1 (major league) compete with T1 and T2 (you want competition you got it)
  • T2 (minor league) compete with T2
  • server repops are FFA with TBD bag limits (e.g. 3 and no limit on VP)
  • VP is FFA for anyone with keys and guts go try
  • every 3rd or 4th? spawn or day? (i like day so casuals can plan a raid day) any non-VP raid mob that spawns cannot be killed by a T1. No time limit no worries T2's are scrappy and will get it eventually.
  • T2 is FFA among T2 but nothing against gentleman agreements between guilds. i.e. rotations or alliances of "we'll not take x and if necessary help make sure you get x if someone else tries if you do the same for us and mob y" or whatever other civilized agreements are arranged.
  • each week the top (most kills) T2 guild goes to T1 for the next week. Get greedy in T2 gets you a week at the the big kid table. Keep that spot at the table with at least one kill each week and you get to stick around till your neckbeard falls off.
  • each week any T1 guild that gets shut out (zero kills) drops back to the minor league (T2)
  • FTE rules stand, stall tactics are prohibited, etc. etc. respect or suffer GM wraith (ban hammer / guild raid suspension blah blah blah)

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole [server] [raid suspended].
- Mahatma Gandhi
Last edited by Lonetree; 01-09-2014 at 02:45 AM..
Old 01-09-2014, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

I might be wrong but I think t2 is dead set on a partial rotation. That said with 3-4 repops a month and at least half Variance it isn't terrible. I'd see t2 pushing every 3rd day if not more
Old 01-09-2014, 02:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might be wrong but I think t2 is dead set on a partial rotation. That said with 3-4 repops a month and at least half Variance it isn't terrible. I'd see t2 pushing every 3rd day if not more
As a fellow Acyrid alum, I hate to correct you, but I don't think T2 is dead set on a partial rotation of guilds that don't want to rotate...they would like 1/3 of non VP mobs per month to have somewhat predictable spawn times, to have that 1/3 be assigned to guilds that don't have a VP kill in the past 30 days and to have the freedom to decide how the 1/3 will be killed.

No one is arguing that Lord Bob has no right to race for T2 targets. People have implied there could be negative in-game repercussions, but no one has said they can't take such a tactic.

Personally, I don't see why Variance couldn't be reduced to 3 hours either side to keep some emphasis on mobilization and spawn timers on raid mobs reduced by 1/3. That would keep the same number of mobs for those guilds that want to race, while throwing a bone to those who won't or can't.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddibemcd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a fellow Acyrid alum, I hate to correct you, but I don't think T2 is dead set on a partial rotation of guilds that don't want to rotate...they would like 1/3 of non VP mobs per month to have somewhat predictable spawn times, to have that 1/3 be assigned to guilds that don't have a VP kill in the past 30 days and to have the freedom to decide how the 1/3 will be killed.

No one is arguing that Lord Bob has no right to race for T2 targets. People have implied there could be negative in-game repercussions, but no one has said they can't take such a tactic.

Personally, I don't see why Variance couldn't be reduced to 3 hours either side to keep some emphasis on mobilization and spawn timers on raid mobs reduced by 1/3. That would keep the same number of mobs for those guilds that want to race, while throwing a bone to those who won't or can't.
Another purpose for variance is euro guilds.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The greatness of a [server] can be judged by the way its [casual guilds] are treated.
- Mahatma Gandhi
  • T1 (major league) compete with T1 and T2 (you want competition you got it)
  • T2 (minor league) compete with T2
  • server repops are FFA with TBD bag limits (e.g. 3 and no limit on VP)
  • VP is FFA for anyone with keys and guts go try
  • every 3rd or 4th? spawn or day? (i like day so casuals can plan a raid day) any non-VP raid mob that spawns cannot be killed by a T1. No time limit no worries T2's are scrappy and will get it eventually.
  • T2 is FFA among T2 but nothing against gentleman agreements between guilds. i.e. rotations or alliances of "we'll not take x and if necessary help make sure you get x if someone else tries if you do the same for us and mob y" or whatever other civilized agreements are arranged.
  • each week the top (most kills) T2 guild goes to T1 for the next week. Get greedy in T2 gets you a week at the the big kid table. Keep that spot at the table with at least one kill each week and you get to stick around till your neckbeard falls off.
  • each week any T1 guild that gets shut out (zero kills) drops back to the minor league (T2)
  • FTE rules stand, stall tactics are prohibited, etc. etc. respect or suffer GM wraith (ban hammer / guild raid suspension blah blah blah)

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole [server] [raid suspended].
- Mahatma Gandhi
I dont think you know Gandhi to well my friend, he was a racist that though blacks in Africa were lazy and aimless and beneath Indians like himself, he also believed in the caste system which states that individuals are born into castes and this is where they live and die. I dont think Gandhi would give two shits about casuals.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

Gandhi would stand by and let a top T1 guild steal his mobs each time...and think that he was making a good point in the process.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Ghandi would prescribe an enema, hit on women, and be incredibly racist to black people.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 01-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think you know Gandhi to well my friend, he was a racist that though blacks in Africa were lazy and aimless and beneath Indians like himself, he also believed in the caste system which states that individuals are born into castes and this is where they live and die. I dont think Gandhi would give two shits about casuals.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

I think he'd propose a raid fast.

Cleanse our minds of this impurity so that we may better understand the true nature of our desires.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Ghandi would have us all get faction with all raid targets to be ally with them then poopsock their spawn points together and just sit there, even while the mob is up. Freedom from want of pixels is the only way to nirvana. You know, the place where curt cobain is with an exploded head and an empty shotgun shell next to u.