Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

Don't awaken the sleeper... just re-spawn the freaking Warders. It's not that hard to do.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

Pre-Sleeper and Post-Sleeper server states are not equivalent. So which one is more classic?
Old 07-12-2019, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't awaken the sleeper... just re-spawn the freaking Warders. It's not that hard to do.
Might as well just rotate everything while we're at it then.

Everquest love it or hate it was about exclusivity, the best raiders got the best loot and everyone else looked up to them. The server could change to become a sort of time capsule for people to come back and experience the game with rotations, and free dragons, but that isn't what Everquest really was.

I honestly wouldn't mind it if the made Green server a forced rotations server though just so people could experience everything the game has to offer casually.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

man, imagine how terrible rotations would be

- pre scheduled raids so you don't have to wake up at 2am for batphones
- no bullshit lawyerquest because you're either on your turn or you aren't in the zone
- earthquakes could still be FFA for that "competition" that a vocal minority seems to crave

just sounds utterly fucking terrible.

"exclusivity" is some bullshit made up by soyboy manlets to justify clinging on to a sad addiction to a 20 year old game. especially after 4 years of Velious - even having full BiS on your main isn't "cool" at this point, it's just expected if you've been raiding for the majority of the 4 years.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- no bullshit lawyerquest because you're either on your turn or you aren't in the zone
- earthquakes could still be FFA for that "competition" that a vocal minority seems to crave

"exclusivity" is some bullshit made up by soyboy manlets to justify clinging on to a sad addiction to a 20 year old game. especially after 4 years of Velious - even having full BiS on your main isn't "cool" at this point, it's just expected if you've been raiding for the majority of the 4 years.

Let us add some more:
- no need to sustain an FTE/tracking infrastructure, which can easily be a dozen people during busy times.
- no need to dole out DKP bonuses for tracking/fte
- no more sitting in front of your computer spamming /pet attack or waiting on that bindsight rush
Old 07-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killing all players in a zone constitutes zone disruption (Rule 10) and the players getting killed wouldn't have anything to do with waking Kerafyrm, they would just be killed off by another guild's actions.
Non-raiding people were piling into skyshine trying to be killed by Karafyrm a few years ago, so I don't think that part would be such an issue.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So first no one is requiring you to do any of those things listed, If you don't wanna wake up for a 2am batphone just don't it's really not that tough. Don't want to lawyerquest, easy don't become an officer or GM in a guild.

But if you don't think exclusivity was a thing in classic Everquest you must not have played much classic Everquest. I get how frustrating it could be to want to experience things but feel like you aren't allowed because your neckbeard isn't long enough but that's really just how Everquest was.

I will say though that I think the idea that you have to be some gigantic neckbeard to experience raiding content on P99 is a myth. It might take you a while to get whatever item you crave but it's possible even as a more casual player.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

"exclusivity" on p99 is nothing like it was in classic, but thanks for taking the time to elfsplain to me about it
Old 07-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So first no one is requiring you to do any of those things listed, If you don't wanna wake up for a 2am batphone just don't it's really not that tough. Don't want to lawyerquest, easy don't become an officer or GM in a guild.

But if you don't think exclusivity was a thing in classic Everquest you must not have played much classic Everquest. I get how frustrating it could be to want to experience things but feel like you aren't allowed because your neckbeard isn't long enough but that's really just how Everquest was.

I will say though that I think the idea that you have to be some gigantic neckbeard to experience raiding content on P99 is a myth. It might take you a while to get whatever item you crave but it's possible even as a more casual player.
It currently requires you to join one of two specific guilds, which for some isn't ideal. A raid rotation would open things up to more guilds. My experience on a raid rotation server in classic was amazing.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

too bad the sleeper cant actually be killed on this server can only be awoken when he was awoken he was quading people for 6k dmg lol

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Closed Thread