Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

The problem isn't rooted dragons per se. It's all the other rules around raiding that wipe out smaller and medium sized guilds. I'd expect a guild leader to understand this point. Unrooting the dragons would not really make it much easier for AG against AM or Riot.

Think back to when there were 6-10 competing guilds and why this was the case
Old 07-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem isn't rooted dragons per se. It's all the other rules around raiding that wipe out smaller and medium sized guilds. I'd expect a guild leader to understand this point. Unrooting the dragons would not really make it much easier for AG against AM or Riot.

Think back to when there were 6-10 competing guilds and why this was the case
For sure. For the record im not upset about any kind of competitive challeneges between AG and Riot, if we want to be the kings of ToV we'd need to get on the recruiting as high numbers is the new meta. Just concered that there wont be much of a player base to accomplish this in the months to come. Maybe ill be wrong, maybe i wont
Old 07-20-2019, 05:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No more handouts at the zoneline... work for them loots!
I reject this idea. I guarantee 90% of your raid force is semi-afk and in Netflix induced comas while the other 10% do all the work, just as it was before. The only people who have to "work harder" are the off-tanks and monks. Off tanks having to actually pick up adds or tank a secondary target during the engage being the only significant change to "being productive."

Getting coth'd to a corner and then running 100 yards is just as easy as sitting at the entrance waiting for the mob to arrive. Sorry you think having to move your character an extra 200 yards is you contributing to your raid and "trying way more."
Old 07-20-2019, 05:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyF86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say most people wether in am or riot are having more fun now than ever. Being able to go back and forth and compete with each other is a good part of the fun. The level of theory crafted turning into actual pulls over the last couple weeks have just been insane and add to the level of fun for everyone, moreso than pulling dragons to the entrance.
congrats on joining a zerg
Old 07-20-2019, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

I am not a raider on P99, its been many years since i was in TOV(on live) but this thread and other ones like it appear to suggest that most people dont want to play the game. Or don't want to spend time raiding with your buddies, would rather sit at a zone line and watch netflix.

Some of you have become so bitter playing EQ for far too long that your only fun comes from "denying other people pixels" And to me, that just seems sad. If you are not enjoying raiding, just take a break from it and allow those that do enjoy it a chance at it.

Again, i don't raid on P99 so I am only going off what I see on these forums.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Orc

QQ @ at denying the half dozen "playmakers" on the pull team their favorite competition just so hundreds of other people can enjoy the game. WTF were the devs thinking implementing a change that has been widely requested for years! Clearly the downfall of p99.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:09 PM
Orc

ITT:

People who think Awakened vs Aftermath (current meta) a healthy change from the raid scene in the past.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:30 PM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tis the circle of [no] life EverQuest.

So, is The Lion King a big advertisement for capitalism? Absolutely.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:07 AM
Banned

Default Spoiled rotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh I personally hate the rooted dragons. I dont really enjoy raid encounters much because even with crawling it's still just ch chain while monster dies. Crawling just makes it all worse because now instead of being able to skip to the tankspank dragon part now you have to log on and start the laundry list of coths and gates and pulling a mob too soon / soon late and leap frogging and clearing trash for an hour or more then finally we reach the tank spank part.
We can add that in for a $5.99 MTX fee per quake/spawn, for your convenience of course. Being busy makes it hard to play a game especially one that you dislike playing and would rather skip to play.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Imagine having to actually play the game

Surely will kill the game!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread