Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Default Troll SK - too much pain to bother?

I really like Trolls. And SK's. But I don't want to have to solo because no one will group.

For those out there actually playing (Teal, mostly, but I'll take input from Greens), do you find it:

* Impossible to get a group (for those playing Hybrids)
* Actively restrict hybrids from grouping with you (for those not)

Or is this largely overblown? I don't mind that I won't level as fast as the hobbit warrior, but I don't want to have to solo all the time to do it.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:17 PM
Sarnak

My SK has been invited to plenty of groups so far on green.

We have no way to know how restrictive people will get about groups until a larger population of these SKs start to get into the later teens, 20s and 30s.

There absolutely will be group members who won't want the xp penalty and will do what they can to avoid grouping with hybrids. There is no way to know how prevalent this mentality will be.

Honestly, I feel like no matter what class you choose, it will be difficult to find groups at times, even with Teal existing.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Skeleton

I’m doing ogre SK on Teal. Hybrid penalty doesn’t really matter as a tank. Groups want tanks.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

There are 3 types of people right now from what i've seen. Soloers, Pet class groups, and everyone else who aren't discriminating. The majority of people are the last. My guild has 3 sks and 2 pallies and none have any trouble getting groups. The enchanters on the other hand... lfg all night.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

The hybrid penalty isnt an external penalty. It just means that class requires more exp per level . not that they get less. They will just level slower then some of the group is all. Group exp for others will be the same
Old 11-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The hybrid penalty isnt an external penalty. It just means that class requires more exp per level . not that they get less. They will just level slower then some of the group is all. Group exp for others will be the same
AKSHUALLY

the exp penalty is shared with the group
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
? And here I thought group exp was shared and calculated by total exp needed to level of each player in the group then divided evenly. That's why grouping with someone 2 lvls higher is worse exp than grouping with a hybrid your level.
Aviak

Quote:
Another thread I was reading last night said that the hybrids take a larger share of the XP from each kill in a group
Old 11-07-2019, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Absolutely incorrect.

Still love a good hybrid tanks though.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
eQ Is SoLVeD guISE

eVeRyONE knOwS iT AlL

it'S 2019 guiSe
Closed Thread