Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 02:54 PM
Large Rat

Default New player LFG and need some suggestions.

Hey guys!

I played this game from 1999-2001 and decided to get back into it again. I was thinking about playing a wizard because wizard and warrior were the two classes I played back in the day (only got to level 32) so I'd be more familiar with everything. Are wizards desired at all right now other than for their teleport spells? I'd like to try and fill a server gap for lower level players if possible.

Also, I wanted to ask the veterans - is there an ideal race/God/point distribution setup for Wizards or does it not really matter?

Thanks for the help guys, I'm really excited to try P99!
Old 09-26-2016, 07:02 PM
Kobold

Wizard's are desired when someone needs a port.

Tough class to level here. You just can't twink a caster like you can a melee class. cheap, powerful weapons make melee classes DPS machines. Everyone has a twink SK or Monk alt it seems and those are what you'd be competing against for group spots. If you are set on this course you might want to join the new guild that does not do the twink scene.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:53 AM
Fire Giant

If you want to play a class that is in high demand on this server I don't think Wizzy would be it based on what I have seen. That being said..unless you plan on joining an end game raiding guild I wouldn't base my decision on that. Play what sounds fun. Join a guild that will prioritize fun and your ability to play any class that you want to play.

Feel free to look me up in game for an invite or more info. We have a good number of players that fit that bill or if you want to be restricted to only in-guild items or what you can find yourself there is that *other* guild. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2016, 04:40 AM
Fire Giant

If you like the wizard playing style but also want groups, consider druid. Druids have almost all the tools a wizard has and then a whole lot more. Still, at higher levels, druids struggle at group finding because they are inferior healers. For raids, wizards are actually wanted more than druids, if that is your thing.

With both classes you can solo, with druids you have more ways to solo though.
Closed Thread