Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 09-20-2023, 08:12 PM
Snaggles Snaggles is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've already shown my Ionat fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxeOVuX0G8 . I was averaging 4 Cannibalizes per Torpor on a marathon fight against a hard mob. That is about 20 seconds every minute. You can use your imagination to fill in the other 40 seconds.

You can also look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY - I did 5000 damage to the Cliff Golem with just JBB, which is 1/6th of it's life.
.
Using our “imagination” and watching YouTube instead of looking at math is how we have come to live in a post-fact society. It’s also we get to 50 page threads that shouldn’t go past page 5.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 09-20-2023, 09:09 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using our “imagination” and watching YouTube instead of looking at math is how we have come to live in a post-fact society. It’s also we get to 50 page threads that shouldn’t go past page 5.
In game videos are better proof than what you are offering, which is nothing so far. You can look at casting gaps in the video to figure out when you can cast JBB. I also literally posted a video with heavy JBB usage.

You are the one posting nonsense. That is how we came to a post truth society. You think snarky posts help for some strange reason. It just muddies the truth.
__________________
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-20-2023 at 09:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 09-20-2023, 09:46 PM
Kawhi Kawhi is offline
Kobold


Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 121
Default

This whole thread is just about people with different death risk tolerances, right?

Like if you want to give yourself the best chances of dropping a rare mob with a guaranteed drop, you might want to make sure your health stays above X% at all times and it might make sense to JBB more.

If you're farming a common mob with a rare drop, then you probably want to churn through them faster and so you're going to dot and canni more.

Either option is fine depending on what risk/reward you are going for.

What am I missing?
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 09-20-2023, 09:50 PM
Penish Penish is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using our “imagination” and watching YouTube instead of looking at math is how we have come to live in a post-fact society. It’s also we get to 50 page threads that shouldn’t go past page 5.
lol
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 09-20-2023, 09:52 PM
Penish Penish is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In game videos are better proof than what you are offering, which is nothing so far. You can look at casting gaps in the video to figure out when you can cast JBB. I also literally posted a video with heavy JBB usage.

You are the one posting nonsense. That is how we came to a post truth society. You think snarky posts help for some strange reason. It just muddies the truth.
GAPS IN CASTING

this guy is fucking oblivious, lol
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 09-20-2023, 10:23 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This whole thread is just about people with different death risk tolerances, right?

Like if you want to give yourself the best chances of dropping a rare mob with a guaranteed drop, you might want to make sure your health stays above X% at all times and it might make sense to JBB more.

If you're farming a common mob with a rare drop, then you probably want to churn through them faster and so you're going to dot and canni more.

Either option is fine depending on what risk/reward you are going for.

What am I missing?
You are correct. Nice summary. Sadly a lot of posters here are trolls, and simply cannot communicate like normal people. They will bloat threads for no reason.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 09-20-2023, 11:41 PM
zelld52 zelld52 is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 562
Default

What? No. It's the opposite. You don't want to be stuck in an 8s cast when you're trying to stay alive lol
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 09-20-2023, 11:50 PM
Snaggles Snaggles is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In game videos are better proof than what you are offering, which is nothing so far. You can look at casting gaps in the video to figure out when you can cast JBB. I also literally posted a video with heavy JBB usage.

You are the one posting nonsense. That is how we came to a post truth society. You think snarky posts help for some strange reason. It just muddies the truth.
I asked for a log of your fight and you said "use your imagination". Ok Tinker Bell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? No. It's the opposite. You don't want to be stuck in an 8s cast when you're trying to stay alive lol
Don't worry, he has FSI.
Last edited by Snaggles; 09-20-2023 at 11:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 09-21-2023, 12:27 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I asked for a log of your fight and you said "use your imagination". Ok Tinker Bell.
I provided multiple videos for you. You can take a look at them and maybe try to learn something instead of being snarky. The videos show the same exact thing the logs do and more. You can see my HP, Mana and what was happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? No. It's the opposite. You don't want to be stuck in an 8s cast when you're trying to stay alive lol
You just need to play your Shaman some more and not assume you know everything about how the class works.
__________________
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-21-2023 at 12:30 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 09-21-2023, 12:52 AM
zelld52 zelld52 is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just need to play your Shaman some more and not assume you know everything about how the class works.
I love shaman so much I have a level 30 shaman of each race. Two barbarians, one male and one female.

You also were saying not to bind wound or something in another post. You crazy man
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.