Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-24-2022, 08:59 PM
tadkins tadkins is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 589
Default

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can confirm that human Inny clerics start as apprehensive to the Marr factions in NFP.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-25-2022, 01:13 PM
magnetaress magnetaress is offline
Planar Protector

magnetaress's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Inside of you.
Posts: 9,880
Default

That is correct. Both innorruuk and Berty clerics are infiltators. Not widely respected or openly worshipped sects.

Think satanic priests masquerading as catholics or rebel televangelists. Or secret political advisors with connections to both the priest hood and powerful people in order to manipulate events to their g-ds favour.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-26-2022, 12:16 AM
Arakash Arakash is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooChicken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Freeport necro guild does not sell Gate. The casters and paladin guilds in Freeport who sell it are dubious. The casters guild in Neriak is threateningly. The cleric guild in Neriak is dubious until you do the faction quest, then you can buy it at apprehensive.

Human Innoruuk necros are the only necros who can't buy Gate at their guildhall.
Similarly, Human Bertoxxulous Necros can't buy their shield spells in their guild hall either.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-26-2022, 04:22 AM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,301
Default

Are they missing a generic spell vendor which should be there or is it a classic lack of spells for this guild (no guild ever has a full suite of spells)?

With the revamp to freeport on live this may not be easy to check. Maybe the pirate monster mission can open a window into the old zone.
__________________

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-27-2022, 01:48 PM
Arakash Arakash is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are they missing a generic spell vendor which should be there or is it a classic lack of spells for this guild (no guild ever has a full suite of spells)?

With the revamp to freeport on live this may not be easy to check. Maybe the pirate monster mission can open a window into the old zone.
Not sure about Freeport but I remember the Bloodsaber guild not having shield spells in classic.

IIRC, it was even tougher on human enchanters of bertoxxulous in Qeynos. They had to run to Freeport to get their spells (they could drop transfer/ have a friend buy them etc. but that compromises the RP aspect.) since most of the enchanter spells weren't available in the bertox guild hall and faction wouldn't allow them to buy anything from the Order of Three spell vendors.

I think it is one of those things that makes playing an evil character in a good city tougher but for some of us a bit more rewarding.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-27-2022, 05:00 PM
tadkins tadkins is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure about Freeport but I remember the Bloodsaber guild not having shield spells in classic.

IIRC, it was even tougher on human enchanters of bertoxxulous in Qeynos. They had to run to Freeport to get their spells (they could drop transfer/ have a friend buy them etc. but that compromises the RP aspect.) since most of the enchanter spells weren't available in the bertox guild hall and faction wouldn't allow them to buy anything from the Order of Three spell vendors.

I think it is one of those things that makes playing an evil character in a good city tougher but for some of us a bit more rewarding.
I considered a human Bertoxx enchanter at one point. Being a brainwasher for the cult, luring people down into the sewers to be turned into minions or sacrificed, etc etc. Seems like a really flavorful idea for a character.

Damn I wish this game had more meaningful deity stuff. It'd be cool to have an actual tangible reason to pick deities on enchanters (besides what the Tunareans get).

As far as getting spells goes, I'm fairly certain they start apprehensive with the Order of Three so they actually can buy spells. But if not, it'd be pretty RP appropriate to manipulate players in the game to buy them for you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-27-2022, 05:03 PM
loramin loramin is offline
Planar Protector

loramin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn I wish this game had more meaningful deity stuff. It'd be cool to have an actual tangible reason to pick deities on enchanters (besides what the Tunareans get).
Amen. I think more deity-specific quests/items/tradeskill recipes (for all classes) would be an amazing candidate for future Blue custom content.
__________________

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-29-2022, 11:27 AM
magnetaress magnetaress is offline
Planar Protector

magnetaress's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Inside of you.
Posts: 9,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amen. I think more deity-specific quests/items/tradeskill recipes (for all classes) would be an amazing candidate for future Blue custom content.
Purple 99 where everything is tradeskilled.

Maybe raw hide and ringmail and bronze stay.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-13-2023, 10:14 PM
pink grapefruit pink grapefruit is offline
Planar Protector

pink grapefruit's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,048
Exclamation

My Bertoxx enchanter on red was able to buy spells from the above-ground losers in Qeynos. Not classic? Merchants were apprehensive.
__________________
pvp 2.0 pls
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-14-2023, 03:09 AM
Solist Solist is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human innoruuk cleric can't buy spells at all until they do they do the faction quest.
What are you talkingg about? That is the most liked faction and race class combo in the game. You can go almost anywhere in the world instantly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.