Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 02:09 AM
Decaying Skeleton

This is similar to how I made a small fortune on blue. They were always easy to spot coming out of the NFP bank. Always low level, no gear. They'd immediately dip in to one of the random buildings around the bank. They'd find a building with stairs and vacant rooms. I'd follow behind invisible, careful to avoid them if they doubled back and bumped in to me. That would always spook them. Then they'd drop bags and bags of shit on the ground. I always assumed I'd end up banned from unknowingly scoring some RMTd items but that never happened. The funniest part is this ended up being more fun then the actual game and my highest char is a 36 shaman.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Vendored items are fair game, sorry you lost...
Old 02-04-2020, 03:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vendored items are fair game, sorry you lost...
Old 02-04-2020, 04:15 AM
Banned

So the Goodie 2 Shoe brigade are at it again on p99.

Some dude prob. popping to a vendor sees an item buys it now he is in a name and shame thread and probably will get ostracized by the community.

P99 Goodie 2 Shoe brigade is worse then the scum lords.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the Goodie 2 Shoe brigade are at it again on p99.

Some dude prob. popping to a vendor sees an item buys it now he is in a name and shame thread and probably will get ostracized by the community.

P99 Goodie 2 Shoe brigade is worse then the scum lords.
White knight is white knighting for the bad guys. Excellent irony, sir.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart1983 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is similar to how I made a small fortune on blue. They were always easy to spot coming out of the NFP bank. Always low level, no gear. They'd immediately dip in to one of the random buildings around the bank. They'd find a building with stairs and vacant rooms. I'd follow behind invisible, careful to avoid them if they doubled back and bumped in to me. That would always spook them. Then they'd drop bags and bags of shit on the ground. I always assumed I'd end up banned from unknowingly scoring some RMTd items but that never happened. The funniest part is this ended up being more fun then the actual game and my highest char is a 36 shaman.
When you come out of the bank and turn left and go into a alleyway there is an inn with three stories and lots of rooms and it makes people feel secure. It's like a magnet that place.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually in classic vendors were locked like TS containers... 1 vendor, 1 toon at a time.

Can we get some classic up in here?

Sniping people's items while they recharge is equivalent to theft - wouldn't even be possible in classic unless they exited vendor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember not being able to use vendors when another character was using them, similar to how TS containers are.

Was this alpha and never made it to classic, or just not mentioned in patch notes? Cannot find any mention in patch notes.

Asking because (1) I remember it classic (but could be misremembering) and (2) recent case of item theft while recharging brought it to mind.

Thankfully, I haven't been ganked by these underhanded con artists, but the threat is real yo.

Anyone remember this or find any post, patch note, etc. in regards to this?

Sounds like pure conjecture on your part. No proof to backup this claim.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

I was running along wall in gfay on Occisa and saw a bag picked it up and it had a full set of bronze and some other stuff like first week of green.... tracked the guy down and gave him his stuff back, apparently he went LD swapping... really dumb to drop a bag full of stuff to
Transfer on the wall next to BB zoneline in gfay with 200+ people in zone though lol.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can only assume it was a completely random happenstance this guy was by the merchant. Was it a completely out of the way merchant at least? Otherwise would have to be a truly desperate individual to actually wait at a random merchant HOPING someone would chance by to recharge items.
Some quick sleuth work reveals that Transan is a gypsy merchant in OOM which means the guy was in a populated zone, AoEing spectres with a common tactic. So an exploiter got exploited... weird.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:48 AM
Aviak

Just remember that there's a racist guild on green who think they're just roleplaying.
Closed Thread