Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-24-2022, 01:49 PM
Banned

Yeah you'd be surprised, sro AC is very gettable. Even if you're a tracking class, he has lots of spawn locations so you still just have to be lucky and have him spawn next to you for the most part. Also, sometimes at 9pm nobody else shows up and you get him all to yourself. I've gotten three sro ac's with very little time investment, sitting for hours at the OOT camp isn't super appealing.
Old 12-24-2022, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

When you're level 55+ (maybe lower if you're a cleric), you can join the Open WTOV raids and have a shot at gearing up on pretty decent Velious quest armor. Better than Thurgadin stuff. All you have to do is show up, contribute, and be willing to switch to Kael faction in order to turn in what you win.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=396961

Other than that, you can literally spend years not worrying about the grind, and just traveling around, making friends, doing group content, quests, helping others, and slowly building up your gear either through winning randoms, or making plat to buy the items or MQ rights to the stuff you want. You gotta give in order to receive.

After the rug was unexpectedly pulled out from under my feet and my guild was reduced to like 3 active players, I joined a static group with some friends, and we farmed stuff 2-3 times a week, sold what we won, and split the profits. With that, I was able to buy MQ rights for the PSG and SEoC for my epic (granted, I had everything else done/collected while Black Lotus was still a guild). I bought a Tolan's BP. I participated in the open WTOV raids and have all of the Forest Stalker armor I was wanting. I have two Bracers of Benevolence just by devoting time to showing up when Scout Charisa spawned and winning /randoms (everyone there kills the mob for you).

There is plenty of opportunity if you leverage the social aspect of the game and build a network of people who enjoying grouping/playing with you. Also understand that unless you're a raider, you don't NEED best in slot items, epics, or anything fancy to enjoy the game.

I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience with <Castle>, but maybe you could give them another try. Or maybe <Pals> or <The Drift>.

Trying to play this game solo is a tough path and you will get discouraged.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-24-2022, 02:34 PM
Banned

Scout roll is definitely one of my favorite things, I wish there was more content in the game that operated that way. It forces people from all different guilds who might normally be rivals to work together, and anyone 55+ can participate, and the bracers and talisman are quite nice for the work involved.

Does anyone ever take the robe? I'm not a caster I don't even know if it's good, usually seems to be mostly melee and priests who show up though.
Old 12-24-2022, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scout roll is definitely one of my favorite things, I wish there was more content in the game that operated that way. It forces people from all different guilds who might normally be rivals to work together, and anyone 55+ can participate, and the bracers and talisman are quite nice for the work involved.

Does anyone ever take the robe? I'm not a caster I don't even know if it's good, usually seems to be mostly melee and priests who show up though.
The robe is garbage, taking it is a dick move.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-24-2022, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you're level 55+ (maybe lower if you're a cleric), you can join the Open WTOV raids and have a shot at gearing up on pretty decent Velious quest armor. Better than Thurgadin stuff. All you have to do is show up, contribute, and be willing to switch to Kael faction in order to turn in what you win.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=396961

Other than that, you can literally spend years not worrying about the grind, and just traveling around, making friends, doing group content, quests, helping others, and slowly building up your gear either through winning randoms, or making plat to buy the items or MQ rights to the stuff you want. You gotta give in order to receive.

After the rug was unexpectedly pulled out from under my feet and my guild was reduced to like 3 active players, I joined a static group with some friends, and we farmed stuff 2-3 times a week, sold what we won, and split the profits. With that, I was able to buy MQ rights for the PSG and SEoC for my epic (granted, I had everything else done/collected while Black Lotus was still a guild). I bought a Tolan's BP. I participated in the open WTOV raids and have all of the Forest Stalker armor I was wanting. I have two Bracers of Benevolence just by devoting time to showing up when Scout Charisa spawned and winning /randoms (everyone there kills the mob for you).

There is plenty of opportunity if you leverage the social aspect of the game and build a network of people who enjoying grouping/playing with you. Also understand that unless you're a raider, you don't NEED best in slot items, epics, or anything fancy to enjoy the game.

I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience with <Castle>, but maybe you could give them another try. Or maybe <Pals> or <The Drift>.

Trying to play this game solo is a tough path and you will get discouraged.
To be fair to op, the whole building a network of people to group with can be difficult given his class. Being a wizard can make it pretty tough to break into a group. That’s why I suggested he should maybe roll and alt that’s not conducive to grouping.
Old 12-24-2022, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Even wizards can invite people to groups.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-24-2022, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The robe is garbage, taking it is a dick move.
Robe of Benevolence is decent for Enchanters. It saves you 10-20k (depending on server) because you can get Robe of Benevolence instead of Ice Silk Robe. Their stats are similar.

But it is the weakest of the three pieces for sure. The Bracer and Talisman are much better.
Old 12-24-2022, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

its a pretty good robe for the level that its attainable
Old 12-24-2022, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know, it's just, been interested in EQ for 20+ years starting with live before Kunark, and I've never been able to earn an epic. I know I don't *need* it, but it's still something I dream of earning one day.

Quote:
I appreciate that but Castle straight up made fun of me while I was in the guild, when I admitted that I had never experienced what getting a rez was like since I never had any cleric friends. From my time as a DaPer they were also the worst tippers by far as well, lol. I have never had a good experience with any Castle member.

I could consider the other two guilds, Pals don't seem like bad people. Don't really know anything about the Drift. Not sure I'd be able to get an epic with them though.
Old 12-24-2022, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure I'd be able to get an epic with them though.
I mean, I get it, but I would encourage you to not look at potential guilds through a lens of "can they get me an epic or not?" and maybe instead "do they fit my playstyle and level of commitment to the game, and do I like their culture?"

No one is entitled to epic weapons. Not everyone may earn one. If every Tom, Dick, and Harry had one then they wouldn't be "epic". There's a reason why most have parts that are bottlenecked by a raid target. If achieving an epic is that important to you, I would suggest rolling a rogue or monk.... lol

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles