Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

How is anyone questioning authority or refusing to comply? All I'm pointing out is to the haters who are like "LOL U GUYS EXPLOITIN" that prior to this post, for the last 14 months, not a single rule or utterance has ever been mentioned / published / broadcast that has ever even slightly implicated that keeping your bind is / was against the rules.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This made sense in classic.

But not now. No reason solb/perma should be labeled as a raid zone anymore.
lol just cuz its not being farmed weekly like it used to, doesnt mean it should be changed

still a raid zone, whether farmed or not
Old 06-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol just cuz its not being farmed weekly like it used to, doesnt mean it should be changed

still a raid zone, whether farmed or not
So do you think KC should be a raid zone as well? Surely you would agree that if Vox, a mob rarely if ever killed with lackluster loot is a "raid mob", then VS who drops BiS greaves for every class / epic drops, should be considered a "raid mob" as well and hence the zone should be labeled a raid zone? After all, both Vox and VS are 7 day spawns, level 55 mobs, and traditionally greatly contested.

p.s., you might want to ring Abysal to change his bind point from fear before he eats a ban for this
Old 06-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken, I actually played here when they added this rule to sol b and perma and the logic used at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is it an "exploit" if there was never a written or even verbal rule against it.
Not sure if bad lawyer or idiot
Old 06-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Banned

rofl
Old 06-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
So do you think KC should be a raid zone as well? Surely you would agree that if Vox, a mob rarely if ever killed with lackluster loot is a "raid mob", then VS who drops BiS greaves for every class / epic drops, should be considered a "raid mob" as well and hence the zone should be labeled a raid zone? After all, both Vox and VS are 7 day spawns, level 55 mobs, and traditionally greatly contested.

p.s., you might want to ring Abysal to change his bind point from fear before he eats a ban for this
um no

I think zones that are labeled raid zones have been labeled raid zones for a reason

and zones that have not been labeled raid zones, have not been for a reason

just cuz a certain mob is in one zone does not make it a raid zone

it is the way of the eq game
Old 06-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Your two quotes make no sense in connection with your argument. Removing binding from FFA zones was a rule suggested by the player base, the logic was that people could bind rush you from the bind point and disrupt raids. There were arguments on both sides, I tend to favor the argument that once casters spawned with zero mana [classic] that there was no need for such a change, but that doesn't matter. The change eventually went in with little to no fan fair on 4/22/12. There was no rule stating that now you must remove your prior bind points, only a one sentence statement accompanying the patch stating that binding has now been disabled in FFA zones. It was well known that many people retained their "legacy" binds. The binds never ended up being used in the way that they were feared to begin with anyway, and the issue was really never brought up again until yesterday.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
um no

I think zones that are labeled raid zones have been labeled raid zones for a reason

and zones that have not been labeled raid zones, have not been for a reason

just cuz a certain mob is in one zone does not make it a raid zone

it is the way of the eq game
What is the reason then out of curiosity, and wouldn't Vox be the epitome of this strange logic? You have one outdated level 55 mob sitting in a low level dungeon and it's flagged a "raid" zone, as opposed to KC, a high level zone with the best item in the game [t-staff] and a current raid mob.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Banned

There should be no unlimited level range in solb/perma, there wasn't in classic.

Sirken, Nizzar views the rules here as optional and don't be suprised when he moves his bind at the very last second when push comes to shove.

Heartbrand, that's enough coats of shine on the wheel chair, shut up about it and do as Sirken says.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There should be no unlimited level range in solb/perma, there wasn't in classic.

Sirken, Nizzar views the rules here as optional and don't be suprised when he moves his bind at the very last second when push comes to shove.

Heartbrand, that's enough coats of shine on the wheel chair, shut up about it and do as Sirken says.
So what you're stating then if I'm correct, is that Sol B and Perma were never FFA zones, and hence the definition of what is or is not a FFA zone has been arbitrarily applied and therefore open to criticism, on red99? So that would mean that we should potentially revisit then what zones have this FFA [non-classic] tag as well I would think.