Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah its not even a blizzard game. it was outsourced to a chinese company lul and reskinned by chinese artists.

el lamo los lmao ha ha

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 11-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. This is getting juicier.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trailer has 70k dislikes on youtube, yeah blizzard way to fuck your loyal fanbase over.
Hi Grubbz,

You buy a game, play it, and ideally the company gives you support through the course of the game's life cycle. The end. They don't owe you anything after that. That's the end of the transaction. Blizzard isn't forcing you to buy a new game.

They didn't take your livelihood away from you, fuck your wife, kill your dog, and/or invade your country. They didn't fuck you or anyone else over literally or figuratively with this business decision.

Please remove your head out of your anus.

Warm regards,

Magelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest
Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 11-04-2018, 02:35 AM
Banned

I wouldn't say D3:I fucking anyone over. It is a disappointment though. I thought we were at least going to get a Druid class or something.

I'm starting to highly distrust even a glimmer of hype these days. It's like being psychologically tortured at this point. They get you going just to crap in your open hands.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 11-04-2018 at 02:38 AM..
Old 11-04-2018, 02:43 AM
Banned

I just sort of think its sad that a company that prided themselves on knowing what their fans wanted and not rushing out a product is putting out a mobile game nobody wants, that's not even being created by them. Huge slap in the face for fans. My BFF literally called me pitching a fit. They deserve all the bad publicity, they fucked up.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_XBvg7Lw2k

The 4:00 minute mark about it being only a mobile game was entertaining. Especially when they insult the player base for wanting an actual game that they can use their 4k resolution monitors with and their actual gaming hardware.

The 7:50 mark is what stole the show. I think it was at this exact moment that the poor people on stage really realized that fans of Blizzard games have expectations and that pretty much NO ONE that shelled out money to actually attend a Blizzcon were interested in Mobile games. In other news, Classic WoW is dead on arrival. Blizz's modern hardware can't handle more than 40 people in the same place in Battle For Azerroth, and they doubled down on insisting that Sharding will be present after the launch of the servers to relieve stress on the hardware. Open world PvP fights at stranglethorn, hillsbrad, and blackrock spire with hundreds of players fighting on both sides = not happening. Sometimes a part of history just remains history.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 11-04-2018 at 02:49 AM..
Old 11-04-2018, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Grubbz,

You buy a game, play it, and ideally the company gives you support through the course of the game's life cycle. The end. They don't owe you anything after that. That's the end of the transaction. Blizzard isn't forcing you to buy a new game.

They didn't take your livelihood away from you, fuck your wife, kill your dog, and/or invade your country. They didn't fuck you or anyone else over literally or figuratively with this business decision.

Please remove your head out of your anus.

Warm regards,
dumb argument when they put on an entire convention that is effectively just a big advertisement for their games. and charge you for it just to even watch a stream of it. they're in the business of selling expectations and "hype" just as much as the games themselves. people were disappointed with what they got, and have every right to be.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_XBvg7Lw2k

The 4:00 minute mark about it being only a mobile game was entertaining. Especially when they insult the player base for wanting an actual game that they can use their 4k resolution monitors with and their actual gaming hardware.

The 7:50 mark is what stole the show. I think it was at this exact moment that the poor people on stage really realized that fans of Blizzard games have expectations and that pretty much NO ONE that shelled out money to actually attend a Blizzcon were interested in Mobile games. In other news, Classic WoW is dead on arrival. Blizz's modern hardware can't handle more than 40 people in the same place in Battle For Azerroth, and they doubled down on insisting that Sharding will be present after the launch of the servers to relieve stress on the hardware. Open world PvP fights at stranglethorn, hillsbrad, and blackrock spire with hundreds of players fighting on both sides = not happening. Sometimes a part of history just remains history.
All of your takes on WoW Classic are wrong. Listen to what they said in regards to sharding.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Blizzard hasn't released an AAA title in 10 years - WotLK expansion for WoW being the last. Expecting them to be what they once were is sadly naive.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blizzard hasn't released an AAA title in 10 years - WotLK expansion for WoW being the last. Expecting them to be what they once were is sadly naive.
I agree for the most part. But what is confusing is how they basically fixed d3 after the disaster of a launch it was. It's completely different from what it was at launch, and if the game launched in its current form -- they would not have got all the negative press.

I'm not even sure why they bothered unless they actually did care that the game disappointed people.
Closed Thread