Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you need me, I'll be sequestered in the western wing with my dear old friend Bruckner.
last played was grateful dead

get mad " hippie girl "

'tool sux' -a person with taste
Old 11-28-2018, 08:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tool is fucking gay
fuck u and ur mom, hoe
Old 11-28-2018, 08:59 AM
Banned

ok so you just called me pretentious but peep it.

In July 2017 Maynard's friend Joe Rogan described his writing process in a podcast; "He wrote a song to the Fibonacci sequence. The Fibonacci sequence is a mathematical sequence. It starts from 1, the next number is 1, and the next number being 2, creates the 2+1 which is 3, continuing in this mathematical progression. That’s how they found the chord progression. It began linking up to the Fibonacci sequence." The syllables Maynard sings in the first verse follow the first six numbers in the pattern, ascending and descending in the sequence 1-1-2-3-5-8-5-3. "Black (1), then (1), white are (2), all I see (3), in my infancy (5). Red and yellow then came to be (8), reaching out to me (5). Lets me see (3)." In the next verse, Maynard begins with the seventh number of the Fibonacci sequence (13), implying a missing verse in between. He descends back down with the following pattern; 13-8-5-3. "As below so above and beyond I imagine (13). Drawn beyond the lines of reason (8). Push the envelope (5). Watch it bend (3)." The second verse adds the missing line to complete the sequence; "There is (2), so (1), much (1), more and (2), beckons me (3), to look through to these (5), infinite possibilities (8)." 1-1-2-3-5-8-5-3-2-1-1-2-3-5-8-13-8-5-3.[5][3][6]

meanwhile, bruckner does actual math, not gay pretentious paint by numbers he explains to Joe Rogan.queers

it's sibelius today anyway.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
last played was grateful dead

get mad " hippie girl "

'tool sux' -a person with taste

Oh. Yes, I listened to them as a child myself. I moved on from that years ago after I acquired the ears to truly appreciate artists with a less facile approach to music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPcb...K2wQLzAcJQm9UG
Last edited by Cecily; 11-28-2018 at 09:02 AM..
Old 11-28-2018, 09:01 AM
Banned

bach is not my speed fyi

its ok to have preferences and not regard all classical music as one big scary impenetrable monolith of sacred wisdom. bruckner wrote some crap too.

edit: nice edit mad queer.

yellowtexted
Last edited by America; 11-28-2018 at 09:04 AM..
Old 11-28-2018, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

I'm just insulting your choice of genre to be clear.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
bach is not my speed fyi

its ok to have preferences and not regard all classical music as one big scary impenetrable monolith of sacred wisdom. bruckner wrote some crap too.

edit: nice edit mad queer.

yellowtexted

Aww you think you're still on red.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just insulting your choice of genre to be clear.
well thats just nonsensical. u might even say, derived from a pretense.

but i guess all "genres" have comparable catalogs of literature, since art is subjective. so i feel it 1000%
Old 11-28-2018, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i used to love tool, parabola is still in my top 3 favorite songs of all time, but i've come to appreciate APC a lot more as i get older. too much pretentiousness with tool fans i find, my old self included. the noose from APC is a lot more interesting to me now, looking back at my older self.
Even Tool doesn't like their fans. They constantly fuck with them, like the time they convinced them that the band practices "Crying magic".

I really like APC too and I think I'm most interested in Maynard's relationship with his mother.

Goes from anger about her faith, to acceptance and reverence after she dies, basically demanding that God let her into heaven and all other Christians are noobs when compared to her.

Wings for Marie/10,000 days turned into one of my favorite songs. Love it.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

I just like the way Tool sounds. You can write an essay on why your choice of music, carefully curated to maintain an upper class aesthetic, is superior and I think that therefore yu'r music preference is pretentious.
Closed Thread