Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a shared bank on P99 Blue?
Yes 99 66.89%
No 49 33.11%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't look like Club of the Ice Ocean had a level requirement until 2003
False. The tag was not always listed, but it prevented you from equipping. Ele researched and proved this with classic evidence.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aw I wasn't aware I thought night vision among many other things was unable to be fixed due to it being a client issue.
Yeah that was another things they couldn't really fix - it was very graphics intense.
BUT the RoF2 client is actually working more correctly than Titanium when its night or when its rains/fog. Titanium is just all lit-up.

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Sorry I should clarify: I'm not arguing for shared banks. I don't care about them. But you had asked for examples of nerfs away from classicness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you haven't researched some of the epic requirements either, cause that was classic. There were a few items that did not allow equipping until a certain level even though it wasn't listed. I believe Club of the Ice Ocean was one of them (possibly primals and Narandi's Lance too).
Per the original post from Nilbog:

Quote:
"There is inconsistent research regarding which epics required level requirements to obtain. Several couldn't be completed until 46 or higher due to level checks on quests or certain steps involving planar zones. It has been noted by the original developers that epic items were intended only for those of higher levels. Additionally, we feel that acquiring an epic weapon should only be possible when a player has become powerful enough to cross interplanar portals. Therefore, we are adding a level requirement of 46 to equip all epic items."

Again, don't get me wrong... I think epic's not being completable until higher level is a good change, but I don't get the impression this was as clear cut from his post that you are suggesting it is.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Kobold

Don't forget about weapon swing fatigue, but I believe that's a client limitation.

Quote:
what the live developers intended
The problem is that they are very selectful about the implementation of these "intented" features. They should probably disable item recharging if they wanted to stay with the intent of the developers, since it was an uninteded feature that was eventually disabled on live.
Last edited by Quizlop; 02-12-2019 at 10:59 AM..
Old 02-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

in theory for, but practically AGAINST because there's enough scammers already. not requiring them to dual-box or perform a trade to another player in order to transfer scammed items is just making it easier to obfuscate where a stolen item went.

I don't care about that logs can follow the item. it takes admin intervention, while if they need a helper, the circle of witnesses increases among the playerbase - OR they use an IP exemption for boxing which in theory could get them banned (I know, I know).
Old 02-12-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

They already went through the trouble of removing the shared bank, i seriously doubt they're gonna go reverse those changes.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please give examples of nerfs away from classicness. Most changes seem to be toward a more classic server.

If you are aware of non-classic elements please gather your evidence and submit them to bug reports.

As far as I am aware the greatest intentional non classic factors are for CSR quality of life. Perhaps there is a shred of hope that shared bank might be enabled to reduce item reimbursement petitions. Seems unlikely, though.

My own opinion is no to shared. I like to view my characters as separate individuals, rather than different faces of me as a player. As such I don't really see 'my wurmslayer' to move around characters as it suits me, rather it is 'my rangers wurmslayer'; if my level 40 warrior wants a wurm slayer he has to go find his own and not steal my rangers.
-nerfing aoe to 25 targets
-5 years of kunark
-forcing raid rotations
Thats all i can think of atm but there is a lot more changes that have been made that technically aren't classic.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

With the nerfing of seafuries and Chardok aoe before this recent revamp, it’s clear that the only non classic changes they will make are ones that have a negative impact on players.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I take it y’all don’t understand that with certain UI the shared bank slots are in.
Oh really?
Old 02-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Banned

NOT VLASSIC
Closed Thread