Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: DO YOU SUBMIT YOUR BODY TO THE LIST???
Yes, I have no interest in keeping a bedpan near my computer. 165 81.68%
No, how can I have fun if I can't keep others from accomplishing their goals? 37 18.32%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Talking ALL HAIL THE LIST - THE LIST IS LOVE - THE LIST IS LIFE

Quote:
Lists
We would like players to have their fair shot at obtaining limited time items, and to that end we are devising a system for a server-kept 'list' of players in line to loot said item. Upon entering a zone or camp area, you will be able to enter a command to add yourself to the list for this item. While your name is on that list you must remain in the zone or camp vicinity until your name reaches the top (You'll have a limited time to re-enter the zone or area in case of disconnection). Once your name is up, and the item drops, you will automatically be granted exclusive permission to loot that item from the corpse. We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on. We believe this should closely mimic how the majority of camps were handled in classic Everquest, and is the best solution to mechanically enforce it. More details about this system will be announced prior to launch.
Personally, I think this is one of the best ideas to come from the developers. Fantastic, I'm excited as hell for green now. What do you guys think?
Old 09-13-2019, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

MRW I zone into guk.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 09-13-2019, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I think this is one of the best ideas to come from the developers. Fantastic, I'm excited as hell for green now. What do you guys think?
Definitely changed me from a fringe green player to definitely giving it a try
Old 09-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Orc

It's kinda cool they're implementing this. It's in the "spirit" of classic. I'm sure our best neckbeard scientists are studying ways to abuse it.

But good on them for trying.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Don't you still have to be in the zone to remain on the list or did I read that wrong?
Old 09-13-2019, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you still have to be in the zone to remain on the list or did I read that wrong?
You have to be in zone, with a small window for disconnects and such (Zoning for trains and such I imagine).
Old 09-13-2019, 05:59 PM
Banned

not classic
Old 09-13-2019, 06:24 PM
Banned

Old 09-13-2019, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

Old 09-13-2019, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Edit - I got the answer I was looking for after doing some digging. In this case, lists look okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to address a few misconceptions I've seen about the Lists.

The items will still be going to those that put the time in. This is not a "Casual" mechanism. This is a "Fair playing field for those that can put the time in". You will need to be the appropriate level that we pre-determine to add to the list. You need to stay ONLINE and in the zone or near the camp. You need to pass AFK Check Mechanisms. You can only loot it once. Etc. This system is purely to prevent the same people or group of people from holding the camp for days or weeks at a time and stocking up the items for themself and their friends/guildies.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 09-13-2019 at 09:03 PM..
Closed Thread